[NL2-NL10] nl2 - 98s

• sebsejr
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9:diamond: , 8:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, 2 folds, SB calls $0,07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,18) Q:heart: , 8:heart: , 4:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,14, SB calls $0,14.

Turn: ($0,46) 6:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,3, SB raises to $0,60, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1,06
  • 2 replies
    • ShaQQ
      It's a similar spot to the jacks hand, however a different analysis on my part, flop is fine but on the turn you have the best hand a decent amount, personally I know pot controlling OOP is rare but in this spot after being called I think checking turn and re-evaluating river is the best line and getting to showdown as cheaply as possible. Pre flop I think it's a bit on the loose side to open 98s from MP3, if you have history and feel you have an edge over the players to act, then fair enough, but expect tight spots like this often. GL at the tables, Paul.
    • veriz
      Hello sebsejr,

Well, even if he looks really loose then I'd still wont value-town myself here in those spots. He of course may have draws but it doesn't mean that we always have to Bet and protect our hand. Most likely I'd rather take pot control here and Check it behind.

Although I would also recommend watching out how you play those hands as 98s from MP. :)

Best Regards.