[NL2-NL10] nl2 - ATo

• sebsejr
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , T:heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, 2 folds, SB calls $0,07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,18) T:diamond: , 9:club: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,1, Hero raises to $0,45, SB raises to $0,89 (All-In), Hero calls $0,44.

Turn: ($1,96) J:spade:
      River: ($1,96) 4:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $1,96

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ad Th)
      SB shows a pair of jacks (Kd Jd)

SB wins with a pair of jacks (Kd Jd)
  • 2 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      Judging by his stack size I think your opponent is definitely a bad player against which your TPTK has value. Apart from that, most strong hands have the tendency to check here and try a check/raise more often then not.

When he donks ~half pot I think his most likely holding is a weak made hand like weak Tx (T8, JT), 9x, maybe 88-77 or draw which can range from good flush draws (QJ :diamond:) to weak gutshots like 86. Knowing this and taking into account his stack size I think raising for value in an attempt to get all in on the flop is your best option, which you did. I think your raise size is also fine. After he 3bets you just continue with your plan of getting it all in against a range we have already decided we are ahead off.

Nh, wp!
    • Wriggers
      Pretty much exactly what Manu said. His donking range has a ton of medium strength hands and draws in, when he raises all in his range does narrow but we're still ahead a large percentage of the time as he can have all sorts of draws and Tx :)