This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 - ATo

• sebsejr
      sebsejr
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $0,97
      Hero:
      $1,97

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , T:heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, 2 folds, SB calls $0,07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,18) T:diamond: , 9:club: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,1, Hero raises to $0,45, SB raises to $0,89 (All-In), Hero calls $0,44.

Turn: ($1,96) J:spade:
      River: ($1,96) 4:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $1,96

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ad Th)
      SB shows a pair of jacks (Kd Jd)

SB wins with a pair of jacks (Kd Jd)
  • 2 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Judging by his stack size I think your opponent is definitely a bad player against which your TPTK has value. Apart from that, most strong hands have the tendency to check here and try a check/raise more often then not.

When he donks ~half pot I think his most likely holding is a weak made hand like weak Tx (T8, JT), 9x, maybe 88-77 or draw which can range from good flush draws (QJ :diamond:) to weak gutshots like 86. Knowing this and taking into account his stack size I think raising for value in an attempt to get all in on the flop is your best option, which you did. I think your raise size is also fine. After he 3bets you just continue with your plan of getting it all in against a range we have already decided we are ahead off.

Nh, wp!
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Pretty much exactly what Manu said. His donking range has a ton of medium strength hands and draws in, when he raises all in his range does narrow but we're still ahead a large percentage of the time as he can have all sorts of draws and Tx :)