grinders documentary

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i fancy watching a poker documentary and i remember in the news feed one called 'grinders' was talked about and it looks really interesting! anyone know where i can watch it online??
  • 22 replies
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      http://www.journeyman.tv/62174/documentaries/grinders-hd.html

That is if you want to pay for it.Probably cost a dollar or something.Want to watch this myself too so will have a look now for a free viewing.Let me know if you have any luck either.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey thanks for the link. i wanted to avoid paying for it but it seems i can't find it anywhere else so i will settle for paying. i guess it's not so bad!
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      No worries.Had a look for a free viewing as well but no luck either. If you do end up watching let me know what you think of it.Heard mixed reviews of it.
      Bronze
      I tried to find a free link to this too. Trailer looks good. Would like to hear some feedback
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey guys watched it last night. i guess it was alright nothing special. there was lots about the private lives which had nothing to do with poker and the 2 main players they followed could have been better.. 1 was determined that he was a degen. and explained how if you lose then you're screwed and can't pay bills/living costs (BRM WHAA?!?!) and the other guy was filmed being so drunk that he fell asleep behind his comp screen mid tournament. 1st guy seemed like a bit of an idiot and the 2nd guy sounded like he knew what he was doing but he was getting hammered while playing which does nothing for the image of poker! either way i guess it was a little something for me to watch while eating my dinner lol.
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      its free on TVO's home page

http://ww3.tvo.org/video/167032/grinders
    • riotas
      riotas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by brobz
      its free on TVO's home page

you can watch this only in canada
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      I tried Canadian proxy with no success :(
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop
      Bronze
      just pay guys , don't be leeches
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      lol hes giving his documentary free viewing now no1 is being leeches

if any1 wants to see it send me a message ill give u a link

it is a decent movie nothing wrong with it...not huge on "the game of poker" but more of the life of a poker player, or in one case a poker's game boss, in Toronto(HOME!) Canada
    • noisecore
      noisecore
      Bronze
      Send me

nvm rented it
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      I would like to say that Matt Galagher isn't a grinder, I play at the same clubs as he does and he comes once in a blue moon. A grinder is there all the time. He's a nit that just waits for aa and kks all day. Andre on the other hand makes some good cash and the other guy who goes to vegas and niagara falls he ain't anything special either these aren't true grinders
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      it costs 30 euros to download it. are you kidding me ?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by bmfbpi
      it costs 30 euros to download it. are you kidding me ?
      Yup, but you can rent it for the week for like $2 or something.

Not as good as I thought it would be though.
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      why rent it its free right here
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      hi philiveyfan,

I'm not totally sure but isn't the video resticted to Canada only?

I found this at the bottom of the page;

We apologize if you're having problems viewing this program. If you are trying to view this program outside of Canada, please be aware that all of our programs can only be viewed within Canada because of licensing restrictions.

Regards,

Mal.
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      hi philiveyfan,

I'm not totally sure but isn't the video resticted to Canada only?

I found this at the bottom of the page;

We apologize if you're having problems viewing this program. If you are trying to view this program outside of Canada, please be aware that all of our programs can only be viewed within Canada because of licensing restrictions.

Regards,

Mal.
      ]

Hey yes I believe so Tvo is a Canadian tv program
    • Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze
      great video taking a brake from the game righ tnow . re reading bronze n silver articles thinking about switching to cash games. goodluck to everyone in 2011 . Be seeing me around here alot . Gonna try to make a post or two everyday .
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by philiveyfan
      I would like to say that Matt Galagher isn't a grinder, I play at the same clubs as he does and he comes once in a blue moon. A grinder is there all the time. He's a nit that just waits for aa and kks all day. Andre on the other hand makes some good cash and the other guy who goes to vegas and niagara falls he ain't anything special either these aren't true grinders
      just from the looks of the trailer it didn't seem they were grinders haha,

that said i personally wouldn't really like to see a video of true grinders in action, sounds f boring. this video seems pretty awesome though, will watch soon