$9.60
      MP2:
      $10.00
      MP3:
      $18.64
      CO:
      $15.35

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, Q.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.95) K, J, 5 (2 players)
      CO bets $0.68, Hero calls $0.68.

Turn: ($2.31) Q (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1.46, CO raises to $6.58, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.77.

:( my day has consisted of folding hands like this. maybe i shouldn't have called on the flop, but i think a K is only part of his range - he is cbetting with lots more air so i decided to pick it up on the turn. managed to hit which made it a hard fold but i genuinely thought he had something like AT or maybe even KQ or pocket QQ.
  • 5 replies
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Bronze
      Tough spot, flat on the flop is fine for reasons you've stated, turn I think you need to lead a bit more, ~1.8-2, when raised it's a great fold, a ton of pair +spades, sets, better 2p, combo's of 9T etc, wp. Is villain unknown?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Well, seems to be fine. But most likely I'd still Bet the turn bigger ~$1,80 should do it. But otherwise you can't really change your play, it will be more often a trap. Without table dynamics stats/information I wouldn't continue.

Best Regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      yeah i slapped myself when i bet out on the turn cos i knew it should have been bigger and even the small bet in itself might animate him into bluff raising. but yeah the guy was unknown, however after a while i noticed he was EXTREMELY aggressive. later on i decided to call a shove by him on a paired board which was draw heavy and i turned TPTK. he ended up turning over the same hand! so i have a few notes on him now and i know how to extract lots of value when i hit a big hand with him.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      yeah i slapped myself when i bet out on the turn cos i knew it should have been bigger and even the small bet in itself might animate him into bluff raising. but yeah the guy was unknown, however after a while i noticed he was EXTREMELY aggressive. later on i decided to call a shove by him on a paired board which was draw heavy and i turned TPTK. he ended up turning over the same hand! so i have a few notes on him now and i know how to extract lots of value when i hit a big hand with him.
      Well, then he could have played even here as well this way and maybe even worse. :)
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Bronze
      Don't kick yourself about it, you made the right decision with the information you had to hand, now with what you know, you can adjust and start opening your value and calling range. GL at the tables!