UTG: $0.74
      UTG+1: $2.18
      Hero (MP): $2.03
      MP+1: $2.00
      LP: $1.92 vp 25/pf 0/af na/3b 0.0/st na/fts 100/wtsd 0/wsd na/h 8
      CO: $0.78

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 3:heart: 3:club:

fold, fold, Hero calls $0.02, fold, LP calls $0.02, fold, BTN calls $0.02, fold, BB checks

Flop: ($0.09, 4 players) 3:diamond: Q:spade: 9:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.08, LP calls $0.08, fold, fold

Turn: ($0.25, 2 players) 3:spade:
      Hero ???

Hi there,

On the turn, should I check? Would he bet if I check? I don't think he would call if I bet though.

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 5 replies
    • Bashlik101
      Bashlik101
      Bronze
      Hello,

NEVER CHECK THE TURN HERE! He can have Qx, 9x, flush draws, straight draws, there is just so many hands that he will call you with that betting is mandatory in this spot. You want to get as much money into the pot as you can, and I would bet big here because the boars is so drawy.

If you had more hands on your opponent and he was very aggresive I would sometimes check with the intention of raising if he bets to get more money into the pot. But since you have only 8 hands on your opponent I woud bet in this spot allways. :s_cool:
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      NEVER CHECK THE TURN HERE!
      +1

This is for sure. Always bet here if he check or raise if he bet. Board is very drawy so there are many hands that he will call with. You can consinder calling oponent raise if oponent is nity because then he will probably fold your re-raise, because there is pair and he will only put money in if he have foul house.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

Just bet it, if he has a hand he is going to pay you and as well if he even has some kind of stronger hand like flush he can easily raise us and we can consider playing for the stacks. :) We most likely getting much more value by betting ourselves.

Best Regards.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Thanks guys.

When I have the nuts and the board is drawy, sometimes I bet small to make them stay. I guess this is a huge leak for me. I should've bet for value here. If I bet on this spot I usually bet 2/3 should I make it 3/4?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cpers
      Thanks guys.

When I have the nuts and the board is drawy, sometimes I bet small to make them stay. I guess this is a huge leak for me. I should've bet for value here. If I bet on this spot I usually bet 2/3 should I make it 3/4?
      If the board is that drawy then make it bigger side so 3/4. :)