[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH AK situation

• foolboydesire
      foolboydesire
      Bronze
      at the time of his hand i only had about 20 hands sample on CO, his stats were tight though

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,46
      CO:
      $10,15
      BU:
      $3,15

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , K:diamond:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0,30, BU calls $0,30, Hero raises to $1,20, BB folds, CO calls $0,90, BU folds.

Flop: ($2,80) K:heart: , 9:heart: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,99, CO raises to $8,95 (All-In), Hero >???
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello foolboydesire,

Kinda sick spot. As you said he is even tight then it would be really towards the question either he is capable of calling something like KQ in this spot. Since it's the only hand what we beat which is he shipping. Could be a split or either even maybe against AA.

Since anything like KK/99 most likely wont ship it here. :P Rather I doubt that he would ship with QQ/JJ. :( So if we expect him to have also KQ in his 3bet calling range then we can Call it off:

Board: K:heart: 9:heart: 9:diamond:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    43.50%  23.35%  20.15% { AA, AKs, KQs, AKo, KQo }
      UTG+1  56.50%  36.36%  20.15% { AcKd }

Best Regards.
    • foolboydesire
      foolboydesire
      Bronze
      it was hard to put him on a range because of a small hand sample at the time, maybe he could even do it with a nut flush draw as a semi bluff ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by foolboydesire
      it was hard to put him on a range because of a small hand sample at the time, maybe he could even do it with a nut flush draw as a semi bluff ?
      Well, that's the problem with those small samples. :( But most likely as I went for value preflop then I doubt that I can get so easily away here. Shouldn't be that huge problem either, just note him down with what he did that.