Known players:
      MP1:
      $2
      MP3:
      $2,78
      Hero:
      $2,09

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8:heart: , 8:diamond:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,02, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,02, Hero calls $0,02, 2 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,09) 8:spade: , 5:club: , 2:diamond: (4 players)
      BB checks, MP1 bets $0,04, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,12, BB folds, MP1 calls $0,08.

Turn: ($0,33) 7:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0,24, MP1 calls $0,24.

River: ($0,81) 9:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0,81

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows (Th Ts)
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, eights (8h 8d)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, eights (8h 8d)

Both MP1 and MP3 were loose players. Preflop - standard actions according to SHC. On flop I raised with set for value (I have expected that at least one of them will call), also to protect my hand - MP1 could have something like 67s or 99+. Or should I slowplay and only call?

On turn I have bet for value/protection.

But on river there is possible flush or straight. I wanted to controll pot for case if MP1 was check raising. I don't know, if I rather should raise - he was loose and maybe would called.

Thank you for your opinions.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello toteatoo,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: You can even consider isolating here but it's totally fine to limp into the pot as well.

As played
      Postflop: Well, I'd still raise it bigger and make it even like ~$0,16 on the flop and Bet a bit bigger on the turn ~$0,28. Otherwise seems to be fine, pretty thin spot on river to pick a value, rather would also Check it behind and skip it. We can't even be sure that he pays with a lot worse while he will have still 6x hands in his range.

Best Regards.
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      I think you play ok. I just prefer raising preflop around $0,12.