Weekly tournaments?

• swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      the french community organize 2 private tourneys a week with 5$ BI's, different games every week (PLO, horse, NLHU, 7-stud,....).
      How about doing the same thing for the English community? Organization is very easy, all you need is one person who creates the tourneys on stars (or whatever site is chosen), and a news article, or just a thread in the forum every week, and it could be fun to play each other for micro stakes :)
      Is anyone else interested?
  • 9 replies
    • DE4DLY
      DE4DLY
      Bronze
      I would be interested in 0.05/0.10FL on PartyPoker.
      I also like the idea of playing in a situation where we could give each other feedback on our overall play rather than just sample hands.
      There is a worry that I would be facing people that normally play much higher limits but I could take the losses if there was constructive feedback.
      Great Idea. :D
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DE4DLY
      I would be interested in 0.05/0.10FL on PartyPoker.
      Wouldn't that make it a cashgame? ;)
      I mean tournaments, preferably different games than HE, since they would essentially be there for fun. And come on, publicly beating a coach or headadmin would be fun, no? :D especially if it's a HU tourney :)
    • DE4DLY
      DE4DLY
      Bronze
      You are right. I wasn't being clear.
      I think that you have a great idea here and when my BR is bigger I definitely would join in $5 BI pokerstrategy member tournaments. Sounds like great fun and the feedback and benefit to all involved would be good.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      great idea) but i don't think you'll get a lot of responses here.
      anyway, i would join for sure
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      I was thinking about organizing something like this in the future. If there is enough positiv feedback I would surely participate as well :)
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Nice idea! I really like it. Like SoyCD already mentioned, however, we just need more feedbacks before we go ahead on organizing something like that. Let us know which network/ platform , which limit, which kind of game...you prefer. Personally I see a $5 BI on Mansion may be nice... :)

Good luck!
      thunderbird56
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      I kinda like the system the French community has - $5+.5 buy-in, two tourneys a week, one of them NLH, the other one is a different game every week - horse, PLO, LHE, 5-draw, etc...they also have a monthly leader board.
      I don't know if you can organize private tourneys on FTP, so the best option would probably be stars (seems to work for the frenchies). Maybe 1 tourney a week would be enough for a start though, so just a different game every week?
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      sounds cool) both pokerstars and masnion are fine with me. any other platform is also not a problem.

maybe we should make another thread in General discussions, not so many visitors here...)
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      I think it's a great idea. If you do it, I'm in :D . And I vote for Stars.