Advanced Open-Raise charts

• MancaMulas
      MancaMulas
      Bronze
      Those charts from the silver section tells us when to raise, but it doesn't mention if the are limpers or not. for instance, will I open raise with 65o in the BU if there are 2 limpers before me?

I assume it just applies for situations with NO limpers because the charts show no ranges for the BB position, in which is impossible to raise first-in.

If that is true, how do you adjust the range to the number of limpers?
  • 4 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      It depends on the type of limper. Iso raising him with 56o or 22 if his never folding either pre or on the flop is really pointless. I prefer to just limp back those hands. If his playing fit or fold or even limp/folding preflop i almost don't care what my cards are.
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Bronze
      I wouldn't ISO 2 limpers often, if you're isolating one limper then regardless of his play style it's profitable, more often than not you're HU with a weak player in position and can take an appropriate line post flop, if he's playing fit or fold as mentioned cbet most of the time, I do disagree with not isolating a limper if he's not folding to many cbets, there are lines to take that exploit this. If you have decent SD value then take a pot control line and look to extract thin value on some turns and rivers, if you have draws, 2p etc then cbet and look to extract max value, also if the board is A 3 7 rainbow then your cbet will get through even with villains tendencies.
      I think by limping behind you're getting yourself into unnecessary spots especially with 65o, either take to the flop with initiative or fold pre and move on and look to isolate 1 of the 2 limpers as much as you can with as big a range as you can in the future.
      There are merits with limping behind but I think I have a stronger range than 65o and it also depends how strong you are post flop. Hope it helps!
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well i don't think that limping beihind with 56o is good. I think folding crappy hands like that is the probably best.

I do think that with 22-55 is a good option to limp behind since if you dont flop a set you always have underpair to the board with no outs and you never know where your at. You also get to see a flop at least 3-way to get more implied on your sets and if you miss you just give up instead of playing a guessing game.

Also when there are 2-3 limpers in front of you it just feels ugly to fold SC and you cant really raise 56s since then your playing a bloated pot multiway with a hand that most of the time flop some middle pairs and bd draws.
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Bronze
      Of course, you're absolutely right :) . With 2-3 limpers opening up your limping range is fine especially on the button, but I think that range is dictated by how confident and strong you are post flop. Also I'm in agreement with what you're saying but one thing I did disagree with was isolating, I think it's mandatory when possible to take an aggressive line against 1 limper and take advantage of villains limping range, taking into consideration villains post flop tendencies (AF, raising cbet %, turn aggression, how often does he/she go to showdown etc).