MP: $2.03
      CO: $0.51
      BTN: $3.28
      SB: $2.94
      Hero (BB): $2.36
      UTG: $3.16

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has Q:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, MP raises to $0.08, CO calls $0.08, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.32, MP calls $0.24, fold

Flop: ($0.73, 2 players) 7:heart: 2:heart: 8:diamond:
      Hero bets $2.04 and is all-in ???

Hi veriz,

The guy raise from MP3 and call a 3b so I put him on hands like TT+(rarely AA-KK), and some broadways. The board is very draw heavy and no draw could have completed yet, since I don't want to see a scarecard on the turn I shove right away. Do I overplay it here?

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 4 replies
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      A shove is an overplay here. #1 you aren't extracting good value if you are ahead and you will probably only be called by someone who hit the set or has KK,AA. If he has a hand that could draw make him pay! Make a potsize bet to protect and hope he calls chasing the draw. Re-evaluate on the turn.

The ONLY time I would shove all-in is on a super fish that I have seen go all-in several times before chasing draws from the flop and calls often.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

Why do you want to shove here? I mean you can practically Bet a normal size and Call him along with a lot worse which he may still find a fold.

Best Regards.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Why do you want to shove here?
      Well one reason is I don't want to see a A, K, or another hearts and have tough spot. The other reason is I think I could get more value if I push here. I don't know whether it's a fact or not but based on my experience on this limit I think people do call an all-in a lot easier on the flop than on the turn. Especially on an 3bet pot, they might even call with a draw - there are two cards left.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cpers
      Why do you want to shove here?
      Well one reason is I don't want to see a A, K, or another hearts and have tough spot. The other reason is I think I could get more value if I push here. I don't know whether it's a fact or not but based on my experience on this limit I think people do call an all-in a lot easier on the flop than on the turn. Especially on an 3bet pot, they might even call with a draw - there are two cards left.
      We can't be scared of FD here so much. Since it's still a 3bet pot and he wont have that often it. Most likely we are shipping it anyways on the turn no matter what or either even Check/Call and inducing him. Rather bet it smaller and he might even find a Call with smaller PPs like 99/TT which may just fold sometimes and of course any kind of overcards.