This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 - FR - QQ - squeeze and shove flop

• cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: $2.03
      CO: $0.51
      BTN: $3.28
      SB: $2.94
      Hero (BB): $2.36
      UTG: $3.16

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has Q:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, MP raises to $0.08, CO calls $0.08, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.32, MP calls $0.24, fold

Flop: ($0.73, 2 players) 7:heart: 2:heart: 8:diamond:
      Hero bets $2.04 and is all-in ???

Hi veriz,

The guy raise from MP3 and call a 3b so I put him on hands like TT+(rarely AA-KK), and some broadways. The board is very draw heavy and no draw could have completed yet, since I don't want to see a scarecard on the turn I shove right away. Do I overplay it here?

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 4 replies
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      A shove is an overplay here. #1 you aren't extracting good value if you are ahead and you will probably only be called by someone who hit the set or has KK,AA. If he has a hand that could draw make him pay! Make a potsize bet to protect and hope he calls chasing the draw. Re-evaluate on the turn.

The ONLY time I would shove all-in is on a super fish that I have seen go all-in several times before chasing draws from the flop and calls often.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

Why do you want to shove here? I mean you can practically Bet a normal size and Call him along with a lot worse which he may still find a fold.

Best Regards.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Why do you want to shove here?
      Well one reason is I don't want to see a A, K, or another hearts and have tough spot. The other reason is I think I could get more value if I push here. I don't know whether it's a fact or not but based on my experience on this limit I think people do call an all-in a lot easier on the flop than on the turn. Especially on an 3bet pot, they might even call with a draw - there are two cards left.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cpers
      Why do you want to shove here?
      Well one reason is I don't want to see a A, K, or another hearts and have tough spot. The other reason is I think I could get more value if I push here. I don't know whether it's a fact or not but based on my experience on this limit I think people do call an all-in a lot easier on the flop than on the turn. Especially on an 3bet pot, they might even call with a draw - there are two cards left.
      We can't be scared of FD here so much. Since it's still a 3bet pot and he wont have that often it. Most likely we are shipping it anyways on the turn no matter what or either even Check/Call and inducing him. Rather bet it smaller and he might even find a Call with smaller PPs like 99/TT which may just fold sometimes and of course any kind of overcards.