MP+1: $2.00
      LP: $2.79
      Hero (CO): $2.47
      BTN: $2.53
      SB: $0.96
      BB: $2.07

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02, MP+1 posts DB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.05) Hero has A:club: A:diamond:

fold, fold, MP calls $0.02, MP+1 checks, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, fold, BB calls $0.10, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.29, 2 players) 3:heart: 9:diamond: 2:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.21, BB calls $0.21

Turn: ($0.71, 2 players) 8:spade:
      BB checks, Hero ???

Hi veriz,

Got scared of rocks once again this time with a greater sample though. He called the flop. So I just can't get it out of my mine that he could have a set. Can I even consider to go for pot control here or it's gonna be a huge mistake if I do?

I think I got too afraid of rocks lately, could you tell me with how many hands should I consider someone is a solid rocks? Is 200 hand is enough?

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 2 replies
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      He could easily be just calling with a pocket pair overcard (10-J) here as well as small pockets that missed the flop but still have backdoor straight possibilities. Also, the possibility of a straight draw if he's playing uncharacteristically (suited connectors). I think you keep betting certainly until he shows a check raise or some aggression. You're losing value in the long run if you don't bet aces here. If he check raises then perhaps you can consider a fold (still tough to lay down) from a super tight rock and make note of it.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

Most likely I'd still Bet the turn and then reevaluate further action. We get value from a lot of hands there, weaker pairs/PPs.

Best Regards.