Hello, all...

• lidibogovic
      lidibogovic
      Bronze
      ...of my opponents :)
      My name is Lidija, I am 23, coming from Croatia, studying math. My poker story is quite interesting. I met poker 4 years ago when facebook fever started. Played texas holdem on facebook, and eventually sold some chips there, and earned 3200$. Then my facebook acc got hacked, and that episode came to an end. Recently after, I've heard from a friend that pokerstrategy offers free 50$ starting capital, and i grabbed it right away. Played on full tilt, only sit&go's for quite a while, about a year, and eventually got up to 1200$. Then I've been googling one day and read that real money is in cash games. So started playing sth like NL25 i guess. And then full tilt introduced rush poker. I've been a bit suspicious because you can't really work on your game on rush poker, but when i saw that sea of fish and players looking for some quick money, i had to go fishing :) and it was an amazing month.
      had some playing rules which i followed, and in like 40 days i got from 1200$ to 3400$. then tons of bad players ended their sessions on rush poker, and so did I.
      Not long after that, I met Omaha, and fell in love with that game immediately. Unfortunately, had no theoretical knowledge, and basically playing my standard holdem game, my bankroll started melting down. It stopped at around 1400$ (I was playing PLO50 all the time), cause than I kinda starting to understand the game. And than-boom! Full tilt crashes. That was about 6 months ago. Decided to just enjoy the summer and see what happens. 3 months ago, pokerstrategy offered 50$ 2nd time, so i decided to take it and give it a go one more time. playing on poker770 now. through september and october i had really some hard time adapting to those small limits, felt like i was playing lottery and not poker. but in november, I sad to myself: ok, lets go, this is my chance, not many people get 2nd chances, i'll do my best. and from 4th of november i,ve been playing plo10, started with 94$, today i'm at 450$, think im playing my best game most of the time, and i feel alive again :)
      so that's bout me in short lines, hope to see you boys and girls at the tables...
  • 29 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Big welcome Lidija :)

You're a girl right? :D (assuming from your name)

and what a story... really nice to see how you kept your enthusiasm even though you came cross a few bumps :( you still speak about poker very beautifully.

I'm happy to hear your story because its nice to hear know that we managed to give players a new chance to play and build their bankrolls.

I'm really excited to follow your results, you seem to crush girl :D :heart:

how do you find PLO vs Holdem? Are you satisfied with our articles, helpful in your progress?

Ingrid
    • lidibogovic
      lidibogovic
      Bronze
      Thanks..yup, I'm a girl (as far as i know :) )
      My enthusiasm is always at the high level (or almost always :) ). That's kind of my life style...many thanks for 2nd starting capital once again ;)
      yeah, this month was great, considering my game and bankroll. i hope i won't get conceited :)
      strategy articles are very good, and i am absolutely delighted with videos from suitedeule, helped me A LOT!
      although, i think one of the leaks in my game is playing in the blinds against open raise from the dealer, and i haven't found any article/video referring to that topic, so it would be great if sth like that appears sometime...
      PLO vs Holdem?
      i find plo way more exciting and way more complex than holdem, more action, tougher decisions (although on micro limits no really tough decisions, but in general), so its my 1st choice at the moment. my goal is to beat plo100 regularly, but with a support you people give to players, i don't see anything standing in my way (except perhaps if poker770 crashes :P )
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi Lidija,

wow how awesome! another girl on the forums and a serious grinder too from the looks of it. :heart:

you have really great results. i am glad that 2nd capital found some its way into some good hands. there are some good PLO players here which you can have strategy discussions with.

why don't you start a blog so that everyone can follow your poker journey?
      girls are pretty rare here so i expect you to have a lot of readers. :)

anyway, warmest welcome to the community, i hope you stick around.

smiles,
      wendy
    • lidibogovic
      lidibogovic
      Bronze
      a blog? nah, i'm the type of person that wants to stay low, if you know what i mean. i'd like to stay "unnoticed". :)
      i will definitely stick around, with such fast responses and a great feedback, i'm enjoying being part of the community..
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      purplefizz spammed me on Skype with this thread. :f_biggrin:

I started playing PLO a couple of weeks ago and agree with you that it's a way more fun game than NLHE.

Hope to see you around the forums. A female PLO grinder is something unique here afaik. :s_thumbsup:
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lidibogovic
      a blog? nah, i'm the type of person that wants to stay low, if you know what i mean. i'd like to stay "unnoticed". :)
      i will definitely stick around, with such fast responses and a great feedback, i'm enjoying being part of the community..
      i know exactly what you mean.

i used to be like that. you will give in soon enough :D :D :D

although honestly, being active has many advantages. i've met so many members, coaches and moderators here who have been huge help to me and my game. i have made many friends in the forum whom i can count on and who i can discuss with. i've been so happy here that i actually ended up moderator, see? :D

i hope you will be at home in the forums soon and that you will learn to love it here as i do. :f_love:
    • Joenaes
      Joenaes
      Black
      Aah good to see even females start to play PLO!

Stay away from my HU tables at entraction though, ty very much :f_biggrin: .
      I wish you the best of luck anyways :) !
    • lidibogovic
      lidibogovic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      i know exactly what you mean.

i used to be like that. you will give in soon enough :D :D :D

although honestly, being active has many advantages. i've met so many members, coaches and moderators here who have been huge help to me and my game. i have made many friends in the forum whom i can count on and who i can discuss with. i've been so happy here that i actually ended up moderator, see? :D

i hope you will be at home in the forums soon and that you will learn to love it here as i do. :f_love:
      i didn't say i won't be active :P
      whenever i need help, i ask. when i need advice, i will be on the forum and search for answers. i'll play my game and put all of myself into it, and hopefully one day i will be able to share some good advice to younger generations, cause that's what it's all about isn't it?
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      1) Hello and welcome to our unique community :f_grin:

2) Blogging not only allows you to get to know many cool ppl, but also helps you improving your game by posting strategy thoughts and/or hands regularly. Although it is true, that there are hand evaluation and strategy discussion threads around, still some ppl (like me) only frequently visit the blog section. Furthermore, self reflection is key for any game, a blog usually helps in that regard as well. Overthink the blogging thing a little bit imo, but ofc you can still pwn everyone without having a blog.

3) Watching all Eule Vids is definitely a good idea, maybe two more you could watch: Here you'll see Jonas playing like a pro, should be a good guideline how to approach PLO100SH

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/19114/
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/19391/

GL & HF!
    • lidibogovic
      lidibogovic
      Bronze
      1)ty :)
      2) ok, i will reconsider
      3) eule vids? i used search option, typed "eule", no results. can you give me a full name please?
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      Originally posted by lidibogovic
      strategy articles are very good, and i am absolutely delighted with videos from suitedeule, helped me A LOT!
      :f_biggrin:

I thought "eule" was enough :f_p:
    • lidibogovic
      lidibogovic
      Bronze
      oops...now i am embarrassed...
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      purplefizz spammed me about this blog too? LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE FAMOUS!!

Welcome to the forum, I'm also playing small stakes PLO, trying to navigate this fun and complex game.

GRAAAAAPHS!!

Edit: thought this was in the blogs section, first step, go to the "Your Poker Blogs" forum and create one :D
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      for everyone's information, i do not spam. only flag important threads.

:coolface:

honestly, i am super touched that everyone we asked was kind enough to pop by here.
      all you PLO maniacs- Manu, TT, kuya, TB: much love to you guys :heart: :f_love:
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      kuya = joenaes?
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      kuya = joenaes?
      yes, it means "big brother" in my language.

just a small example Lidija, if this thread was in blogs, the PLO grinders would have found their way to it for regular interaction. as it happens, this time, i brought their attention here so they could say hi. why don't you take a look at Joenaes' blog (link in his sig) he's been posting quite some PLO hands lately :)
    • Praff
      Praff
      Basic
      Hello and welcome Lidija,

Nice to see you're from Croatia, Eastern Europe in tha house, represent ^^

I'm a new member myself and I have to admit, your story is really quite impressive, I wish I had such a spectacular poker start to share. Too bad you caught a few down swings but they are unavoidable apparently(so everyone keeps telling me).

Soooo a girl that can play Omaha, I feel a bit intimidated(is that sexist?) :D Nah I'm only joking, you're prolly a much better player than me so :f_thumbsup:

That being said, nice intro, welcome to the community and the very best of luck both on and off the tables :)

See you around,
      Andrei.
    • janushr
      janushr
      Bronze
      hello,and have fun,along the way :f_cool: nice results,hope all work out for you...greetings from zagreb(atm) :D
    • Loris2412
      Loris2412
      Bronze
      Hello,i am to from Croatia ;)