[NL2-NL10] NL4 6max KK

• eXtremeACE
      I mostly have question about my flop play and river, I checked back turn and I really don't know why, really bad move..

On the flop should I 3x raise him? I mean, I'd like to go AllIn with KK on this flop, but I was scared that if I 3x raise him that I'd scare him and he'd fold, and I wanted to keep him in a pot. That's why I 2x raised him and he called..

On a turn I was slightly worried, he could have 2 pair or flush by now, but still I should bet and not give away free card.

River, was a relief since I had a straight now.. Now I could pot it, or shove it, but I was basically afraid of 2 things - what if he has flush and what if I bet so big that he folds, then I could have extracted more money.
      What would you do in this spot?

The SB is

cbetflop/cbetturn/turn agg%

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, K.
      Hero raises to $0.16, 2 folds, SB calls $0.14, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.36) 3, T, Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.18, SB raises to $0.36, Hero raises to $0.72, SB calls $0.36.

Turn: ($1.8) J (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.8) A (2 players)
      SB bets $0.44, Hero raises to $1.00, SB calls $0.56.

Final Pot: $3.8.

Results follow:

Hero shows a straight, ace high(Ks Kd).
      SB shows two pairs, aces and queens(Qc As).

Hero wins with a straight, ace high(Ks Kd).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello eXtremeACE,

Flop: You made couple of mistakes here. 1) Your CB size should be a lot bigger 3/4 most likely. 2) I don't like the min-3bet at all. If you want to 3bet it then do it also properly.

As played
      Turn: Nah, it's not a huge mistake to not to Bet it here, but against rather loose opponent I would most likely do it. :)

As played
      River: Thin value-raise is considerable here and of course I don't mind. You could consider doing it even bigger.

Best Regards.