European Champioships draw 2012

• 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      GROUP A: Poland, Czech Republic, Greece, Russia,

GROUP B: Netherlands, Denmark, Portugal, Germany.

GROUP C: Spain, Republic of Ireland, Croatia, Italy.

GROUP D: Ukraine, France, Sweden, England

Ireland are truly fucked anyway.
  • 32 replies
    • musashi87
      musashi87
      Gold
      Not bad group for Poland ;)
      Now we have some chances to get out of the group ;)
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Group A is the easiest on paper alright Musashi.I'd say ye are looking forward to the game against Russia ;)

Group B is probably the group of death but C is also interesting.

Really wanted Ireland to get England but oh well.Cracking month of football it will be with some mouth watering ties.Holland v Germany :) should be a belter.
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Woulda snap-called if you'd have offered me England's group before the draw. Should finish top really, looking forward to giving the French a lesson in football!

Tough group for Ireland but realistically there was no 'easy' group for them. I'd fancy them to beat Croatia and wouldn't be too surprised if they got something against Italy so I wouldn't write them off just yet.

Either way no matter where England finish (assuming we qualify :D ), our last 16 tie is gonna be interesting regardless.
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DannyG13
      Woulda snap-called if you'd have offered me England's group before the draw. Should finish top really, looking forward to giving the French a lesson in football!

Tough group for Ireland but realistically there was no 'easy' group for them. I'd fancy them to beat Croatia and wouldn't be too surprised if they got something against Italy so I wouldn't write them off just yet.

Either way no matter where England finish (assuming we qualify :D ), our last 16 tie is gonna be interesting regardless.
      Danny i look forward to quoting that next year,haha.But in fairness ye got a nice group.Please do Ireland a favour and give France a good hiding for us.Despise the french football team not just because of the Henry handball incident but of their absolutely disgraceful and embarrassing performance they put in at the world cup.The players didn't even care they were playing in a World Cup when most people would give their right arm to be in their boots.

Ireland struggle against technically gifted teams and Croatia fall into that bracket.I think the only chance we have of some points is against Italy but who knows.Greece anyone?
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Just thought i would mention this as well.When the draw was being made my girlfriend was confused and asked me what happens after the draw?"Do the groups play each other?".

Yes my love.Group A plays Group C and Group B plays Group D and the winners face each other in the final.With Ireland being in the same group as Spain we have an excellent chance of winning the tournament now.Lmfao.
    • MarkQuick
      MarkQuick
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 1984ioc
      GROUP A: Poland, Czech Republic, Greece, Russia,

GROUP B: Netherlands, Denmark, Portugal, Germany.

GROUP C: Spain, Republic of Ireland, Croatia, Italy.

GROUP D: Ukraine, France, Sweden, England

Ireland are truly fucked anyway.
      I have to admit, I did have a wry smile when I saw your group. The usual wager, pint and a bacon roll, who goes the furthest Eire or Eng?

At least your Liverpool bet now looks a little better, with Lucas crocked. I never thought that I would say this..but Lucas will be missed.
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      I have to admit, I did have a wry smile when I saw your group. The usual wager, pint and a bacon roll, who goes the furthest Eire or Eng?

At least your Liverpool bet now looks a little better, with Lucas crocked. I never thought that I would say this..but Lucas will be missed.
      A pleasure as always to deal with you Mark.We have a deal (says i with a deluded sense of confidence and arrogance,haha).

At first i was very disappointed with the draw but in Trapatonni we believe.Ireland have a good record in big tournaments (a whopping 3 of them ;) ) and i feel a bit more optimistic today.

England are the dark horse i think.Ye are way better off going into this championships with expectations not the same as usual and this should suit ye alot.Capello is a good manager and he will want to go out on a high.He is a proud man.

What we would do for an Ireland v England Q/F eh.All the irish would have to do is switch the ball to an oval shaped ball before the game and hey presto the cat is in the sack (see video below).

Catch ya in the next few days in the Sports banter section to discuss the English World Cup report and wanna see what you think of Rob Andrew and the whole report issues.Have a good weekend bud.

Villa v United in a while.Nows the time to beat those *****

• UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Ahem!

[ ] Worked out well

Just sayin.....
    • pswyatt
      pswyatt
      Bronze
      No easy games next year. I would rather have played Spain and Italy....maybe! ;)
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pswyatt
      No easy games next year. I would rather have played Spain and Italy....maybe! ;)
      Ye will be thanking us in June for knocking Spain and Italy out in the group stages pswyatt just you wait and see :pokerface: though ye won't be happy when we give ye a good hiding in the Q/Fs.

Ah i do love to talk absolute rubbish while i can get away it and before my dodgy thought processes are exposed. ;)

Bring it on as they say.

If you are very confident mate then have the balls to put your
      bacon rolls
      where your mouth is :s_grin:
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Ahem!

[ ] Worked out well

Just sayin.....
      Absolutely epic Gary,hehe.Now how did that song go again????

What is 30 +15 can anyone from England tell me :D

My mouth is watering already.I take it you are with me all the way on this Gary my good friend. :D
    • pswyatt
      pswyatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 1984ioc
      Ye will be thanking us in June for knocking Spain and Italy out in the group stages pswyatt just you wait and see :pokerface: though ye won't be happy when we give ye a good hiding in the Q/Fs.

Ah i do love to talk absolute rubbish while i can get away it and before my dodgy thought processes are exposed. ;)

Bring it on as they say.

If you are very confident mate then have the balls to put your
      bacon rolls
      where your mouth is :s_grin:
      I don't think they will be looking forward to that group...I can see a few upsets on the cards!

Also, the only problem with you giving us a good hiding in the Q/F is that we have to get there! :f_biggrin:
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      I don't think they will be looking forward to that group...I can see a few upsets on the cards!

Also, the only problem with you giving us a good hiding in the Q/F is that we have to get there! :f_biggrin:
      That's what i love about the Euro's.They are all quality matches and there is always a couple of upsets and surprise packages.Let's hope we can both pull through anyway.I really hope to see Adam Johnson given a chance to shine over there,wonderful player.To be continued anyway bud.
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      @ Mark and Gary. Regards bacon rolls,these clips always crack me up.The 2nd clip involves the bacon rolls.I'm sure you have watched this a few times Gary.

Epic
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Ahem!

[ ] Worked out well

Just sayin.....
      Hey, we qualified from that group.. just :megusta:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DannyG13
      Ahem!

[ ] Worked out well

Just sayin.....
      Hey, we qualified from that group.. just :megusta:
      True that maybe. It just wasn't as "easy" as the Sun suggested though ;)
    • pswyatt
      pswyatt
      Bronze
      After hours of discussion this week in the local about the overall winner of the tournament next year, I have gone with Spain again!

So, what do you think? Spain as champions again next year or an upset for the bookies!? :f_confused:
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      After hours of discussion this week in the local about the overall winner of the tournament next year, I have gone with Ireland again!

So, what do you think? Ireland as champions next year or an upset for the bookies!? :f_confused:
      FYP pswyatt,no need to thank me ;)

On a serious note it will be Germany imo.I will be having a big wager on them.Regards Spain and this is one of my reasons why i won't think they will win and maybe this is stupid but surely they can't win 3 major competitions in a row.Yes they are probably the best side but you need that bit of luck and i think that will elude them this time.

England are the darkhorses.No expectations on England to win is one dangerous thing and will suit them perfectly.Anyone know when Rooney's hearing is?
    • pswyatt
      pswyatt
      Bronze
      Nice edit! ;)

I think the hearing is on December 8th but I'm not sure it will make any difference though.

Germany was my second thought but I decided to go with Spain....or should I say, someone else picked Germany while I was thinking so it had to be Spain!! :D

3 major comps in a row is a big ask but you never know!