Stack
      UTG:
      $3,04
      Hero:
      $1,97
      MP3:
      $1,64

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A:club: , T:club:
      UTG raises to $0,04, Hero calls $0,04, 3 folds, MP3 raises to $0,10, 4 folds, UTG calls $0,06, Hero calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,33) K:club: , 4:diamond: , 2:club: (3 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks, MP3 bets $0,16, UTG folds, Hero calls $0,16.

Turn: ($0,65) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0,32, Hero calls $0,32.

River: ($1,29) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: $1,29

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ac Tc)
      MP3 shows a pair of nines (9h 9d)

MP3 wins with a pair of nines (9h 9d)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello adsefghijk,

For the given odds of course seems to be fine and I don't mind. But usually what I don't like here is that we are going to play OOP and we can't even be sure how good our implied odds are. :( Such a weak bet could easily indicate even to a weak hand which would make me rather fold the turn.

Best Regards.
    • adsefghijk
      adsefghijk
      Bronze
      I don't understand why would you fold the turn? i have 12 outs (roughly 25% chance to hit) so the pot odds should be at least 3:1. The pots odds are a little better than 3:1 so even if I don't have any implied odds isn't the call still +ev?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by adsefghijk
      I don't understand why would you fold the turn? i have 12 outs (roughly 25% chance to hit) so the pot odds should be at least 3:1. The pots odds are a little better than 3:1 so even if I don't have any implied odds isn't the call still +ev?
      Well, we can't count all the outs as clean, since there is another FD also possible and of course he could already have a better straight. So we have to count 4:1 odds here. Also we are OOP, neither we don't know if we have all the clean outs even for FD since he may easily as well even have set there, which makes us again discount outs. :) We are getting 3:1 odds which means we need on river always at least $0,32. Do you really think he will pay us that? It might be also the case that he just doesn't have a hand and wont pay anything.

Also at the same time you are OOP, what you gonna plan to do on the river? Check/Raise?