[NL2-NL10] NL5 77 ugly turn - shove

• Echoes88
      Echoes88
      Bronze
      Hello!

Co was a tag, btn was a very loose and kinda agressive fish.

Against a tag player, i'd bet/fold the turn, but if that fish shoves the turn?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($6)
      BB ($5)
      UTG ($5)
      UTG+1 ($6.52)
      UTG+2 ($1.83)
      MP1 ($3.98)
      Hero ($5)
      CO ($1.86)
      BTN ($7.15)

Dealt to Hero 7:spade: 7:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, CO calls $0.15, BTN calls $0.15, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.52) 7:club: 5:diamond: 3:diamond:

Hero bets $0.50, CO folds, BTN calls $0.50

TURN ($1.52) 7:club: 5:diamond: 3:diamond: 4:diamond:

Hero bets $0.95, BTN raises to $6.50 (AI)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Echoes88,

Well, I wouldn't even 2nd barrel the turn since most of the draws actually completed there. I'd rather Check it and hope to get good odds for ourselves.

But as played while most of draws completed it's really close. :/ Doubt that he would even ship without having there at least 6x or flush. Only thing it could be is that he has a bluff what plays this way and what we hope. But exactly to avoid that kind of spot rather Check the turn.

But as played yeah, dumb spot. :D Most likely I'd just Bet/Fold it while already 6x beats us. The only hope to see here is anyways either 55/33 or a bluff/semi-bluff.

Best Regards.
    • Echoes88
      Echoes88
      Bronze
      Thanks.

And if we check here, what was the biggest size you would call? I mean, we have 22% chance of hitting poker/full on the river, but most likely (villian is a fish) we have tremendous amount of implied odds.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Echoes88
      Thanks.

And if we check here, what was the biggest size you would call? I mean, we have 22% chance of hitting poker/full on the river, but most likely (villian is a fish) we have tremendous amount of implied odds.
      Most likely up to $1 I'd consider calling if we expect to get the implied odds. But yeah, depending on the expectations we can re-consider what kind of sum we are able to Call.