This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AKs vs shove top2

• wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      vs. 61/12/3.7
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($18.21)
      BB ($22.60)
      UTG ($19.60)
      Hero ($20)
      CO ($20)
      BTN ($20.54)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: K:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.60, fold, fold, SB calls $0.50, fold

FLOP ($2) A:heart: 5:club: K:club:

SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $1.80, SB calls $1.80, UTG folds

TURN ($5.60) A:heart: 5:club: K:club: 5:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $4.20, SB raises to $15.81 (AI), Hero folds

SB wins $13.30
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wnbMG,

Nah, I am not folding this. :/ Especially when the guy has a lot of Ax hands in his range which may ship there and maybe even worse. What were you scared of, only reasonable hand is 5x what beats us.

Best Regards.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hey wnbMG.

How many hands you had on villain? Did you have any reads? Like... did he ever check-raise as a bluff, or with a flush draw, etc.?

A check/raise on the turn usually means lots of strenght; however, in this case it does look suspicious.

I'm seeing your opponent has a high aggression (is that 3.7 AF?); many weaker players think paired boards are scary, so he can go all in there as a pure bluff or with a flush draw thinking you will get scared with the 5.

But, in reality, that is a card for you. It is not so likely he had a 5 when called the flop in the first place (mind that a flush draw with a 5 is not possible), and when the other 5 hits the turn it makes it more unlikely he has one of the only two left in the deck - plus it also makes it really unlikely he has pocket 55.

A5 is possible of course, but then again after the second 5 hits the turn it's less likely.

I can see myself sometimes making the call with such a strong hand as ours. You need to call $11.50 more to a pot of ~$37, so you only need to win a bit less than 1/3 of the time to break even. You will lose some times, yes, but it might be still profitable to call if you think he might bluff or semibluff roughly 1 time out of 3. I don't know him, but guess he could.

On the other hand, the fold is indeed safer and is 0EV; thus it can't be a big mistake and there is nothing wrong in playing it the safer side against a player that will pay us off sooner or later.
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      It can be Axc...or just clubs draw I agree...but it is sick spot, if tighter player do that I'm absolutely calling but now...probably better to call too =)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by wnbMG
      It can be Axc...or just clubs draw I agree...but it is sick spot, if tighter player do that I'm absolutely calling but now...probably better to call too =)
      Well, that kind of loose opponent has just so wide range which includes a lot of Ax hands. :f_cry: