TURN ($5.60) A:heart: 5:club: K:club: 5:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $4.20, SB raises to $15.81 (AI), Hero folds

SB wins $13.30
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wnbMG,

Nah, I am not folding this. :/ Especially when the guy has a lot of Ax hands in his range which may ship there and maybe even worse. What were you scared of, only reasonable hand is 5x what beats us.

Best Regards.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hey wnbMG.

How many hands you had on villain? Did you have any reads? Like... did he ever check-raise as a bluff, or with a flush draw, etc.?

A check/raise on the turn usually means lots of strenght; however, in this case it does look suspicious.

I'm seeing your opponent has a high aggression (is that 3.7 AF?); many weaker players think paired boards are scary, so he can go all in there as a pure bluff or with a flush draw thinking you will get scared with the 5.

But, in reality, that is a card for you. It is not so likely he had a 5 when called the flop in the first place (mind that a flush draw with a 5 is not possible), and when the other 5 hits the turn it makes it more unlikely he has one of the only two left in the deck - plus it also makes it really unlikely he has pocket 55.

A5 is possible of course, but then again after the second 5 hits the turn it's less likely.

I can see myself sometimes making the call with such a strong hand as ours. You need to call $11.50 more to a pot of ~$37, so you only need to win a bit less than 1/3 of the time to break even. You will lose some times, yes, but it might be still profitable to call if you think he might bluff or semibluff roughly 1 time out of 3. I don't know him, but guess he could.

On the other hand, the fold is indeed safer and is 0EV; thus it can't be a big mistake and there is nothing wrong in playing it the safer side against a player that will pay us off sooner or later.
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      It can be Axc...or just clubs draw I agree...but it is sick spot, if tighter player do that I'm absolutely calling but now...probably better to call too =)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by wnbMG
      It can be Axc...or just clubs draw I agree...but it is sick spot, if tighter player do that I'm absolutely calling but now...probably better to call too =)
      Well, that kind of loose opponent has just so wide range which includes a lot of Ax hands. :f_cry: