BTN: €12.61
      SB: €4.21
      Hero (BB): €9.80
      UTG: €1.00
      MP: €10.24
      CO: €2.00

SB posts SB €0.05, Hero posts BB €0.10, CO posts DB €0.05

Pre Flop: (€0.20) Hero has Q:heart: A:diamond:

UTG calls €0.10, MP calls €0.10, CO calls €0.05, fold, SB calls €0.05, Hero checks

Flop: (€0.50, 5 players) 5:spade: 9:diamond: T:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks

Turn: (€0.50, 5 players) Q:club:
      SB bets €4.11 and is all-in, fold, fold, fold, fold

SB wins €0.47

he was 84 13 fish
      didnt felt right....just didnt....
  • 4 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, sebralane. I'll give my 2c here if you don't mind.

Preflop I think your hand is strong enough to raise most times, even out of position. Being off suite especially it will play poorly in a multiway pot (especially OOP, out of position), but it is a very strong hand heads up. So you could raise it aiming to get called by only one or two opponents.

Since they all limped pre flop (only called, no raise), their range is probably weak and it's quite likely you have the best hand. I think I might only refrain from raising if I was sure I was going to get called by all opponents, and we don't want to play a large multiway pot out of position.

In your case, you still have to "worry" about the UTG and the CO who are both short stacked. But the thing is: if you raise to 0.60 or 0.70 there (raising to 0.80 wouldn't be bad with so many limpers) you do have a strong enough hand to call their all-in preflop if they decide to shove it.

As on the turn, not much you can do with only top pair, top kicker. You don't have the odds to call, his range has it all from sets and two pairs to straights. Plus, you still have the other players to act behind who might have hit radom two pairs or straight on the turn. So I think the fold is quite fine, calling is not worth it and you will have better and clearer opportunities to play back at him. Especially, try to play your hands in position and to be aggressive with them, starting from preflop.

Hope I have helped, good luck at the tables!
    • sebralane
      sebralane
      Bronze
      ye...
      they guy who shoved i putted him on garbage preflop
      but the other limper
      he did liping with kings some hands ago...
      soo didnt felt right to raise there
      postflop just check fold mode
      but ye...i realy wanted to call that fish on that spot :D
      i knew he could make the same move with AKs or something like that
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sebralane
      ye...
      they guy who shoved i putted him on garbage preflop
      but the other limper
      he did liping with kings some hands ago...
      soo didnt felt right to raise there
      postflop just check fold mode
      but ye...i realy wanted to call that fish on that spot :D
      i knew he could make the same move with AKs or something like that
      Yeah... the thing is you must ahead too often since he is pricing it too high and the board is quite connected. I'm sure it would feel much better to call him there once you catch a KJ in a similar spot :f_wink:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello sebralane,

Preflop: You can easily even isolate with your hand here, its' strong enough to do that. Far ahead against their limping range. It's not like a must but more often people tend to overplay TP type of hands in multiway pot in those spots. :(

As played
      Postflop: Whatever he has I wouldn't call it either. :D Just let it go and be happy that saved some money. We haven't invested any cent into the pot and not worth Calling. :) Especially when the guy limped with KK. :D

Best Regards.