This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Another bad bluff

• HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $2.88
      BB:
      $6.69
      MP1:
      $6.10
      MP2:
      $3.42
      MP3:
      $11.72
      CO:
      $4.55
      BU (Hero):
      $5.05

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, Q.
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0.05, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.25, SB folds, BB calls $0.20, MP3 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.77) J, 8, 4 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.77) 4 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB folds, MP3 raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $1.70, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.77.

I know that some of you will judge me for this hand. But both plays didn t make sense neither mine neither his. We s**k. I decided to take a stab at the pot since the second time it was checked to me. I got checked raised. It was a min raise by a passive opponent but what can as a preflop limper represent (88 or 44->quads). Since I doubt that he planned checking both times such a strong hand I thought that my play till then didn t make sense and he could have figured that out and tried to make me fold with a min raise.So I decided to stick to my thoughts and go for a 3bet to capitalize the money as the preflop aggressor I can still represent a lot of things.

My other question is you wouldnt cbet the flop right?
      MP3 stats : 23/5/0.4/ never checked raise on any street except this oocassion(1/18)/218 hands
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Just Check it behind on the turn, I doubt that we are making many worse hands to fold. Nor can you represent much, nor can he represent much. :D Both guys kinda leveling themselves lol. Also of course I doubt that you would Check any made strong hand back. :)

Don't try to bluff a loose player. But as I mentioned I'd Check it behind on the turn.

Best Regards.