$5.00
      SB:
      $5.63
      BB:
      $4.00
      MP2:
      $1.53

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, A.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, SB folds, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.32) 2, K, A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.23, BB raises to $0.46, Hero calls $0.23.

Turn: ($1.24) Q (2 players)
      BB bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75.

River: ($2.74) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $2.74.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(T A).
      BB shows a pair of kings(9 K).

Hero wins with a pair of aces(T A).

BB stats: 26/7/8.0/58 hands
  • 5 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Without any reads and against a somewhat unknown I'd rather fold flop to his raise. You won't be able to take too much pressure if he bets big turn and river so better cut your losses.

If you've seen him doing this before or if he's too aggressive sometimes you'll have to call as a bluffcatch indeed. Then I think your passive line is the best t let him bluff and just drag it to showdown.

Just don't forget to make a note on him on how he played (and his bet sizes) so next time you know better how to react ;) On the other hand, just don't think because he check/min-raised now with a bad hand he can't do the same with a set right afterwards. It's not uncommon to do it then bet big turn and river to trap you into a big pot. Keep your eyes open with these guys that make weird plays. ;) But most likely next time you meet him on the tables he won't remember you and you can just exploit his tendencies.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Since it's a minraise I think it's perfectly fine to flat having position. It's a super dry flop and villain is not representing too many value combos. The turn is mostly a blank, only hands that now got there are JT and KQ, both very unlikely to be in his c/r range on the flop. I like calling as well.

On the river there is nothing you get value from since his range is extremely polarised between hands like 22 and A2, maybe AK that didn't 3bet pre and air. Air is not calling and there's no other hands in his range that you beat. It's OK to check behind expecting to be ahead most of the time. However, had he fired the 3rd barrel I would be very reluctant to call, depending on the size as well. If he would bet <1/2 I think calling getting >3:1 pot odds is a decent option but against a bigger bet it's a fold. Fish bluff 1 street usually and maximum 2. When he fires a 3rd time you should be very wary unless you know him as a player capable of just spazzing out with trash.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

While the guy is even aggressive and especially when he does such a min-raise I doubt that I'd get it away. The question is how we gonna play our hand on further streets. If we gonna Call him down or not. For his style I don't even mind to play this way for the very first time.

I also expect him to bluff the turn if he does that with bluffs. Since his 2nd barreling range may easily even consist of something like QJ/KJ and maybe even worse Ax hands of course.

Overall seems to be fine and I don't have trouble with such a play. What would you do if he bets again river kinda big?

Best Regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      What would you do if he bets again river kinda big?

Best Regards.
      Really Veriz I think I would fold. If he best post size on the river then I have to consider folding as this player is very loose aggressive and I think I would be surprised if 3barrells. I mean a 3barrel on this limits looks most of the time stronger rather then weaker.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Originally posted by veriz
      What would you do if he bets again river kinda big?

Best Regards.
      Really Veriz I think I would fold. If he best post size on the river then I have to consider folding as this player is very loose aggressive and I think I would be surprised if 3barrells. I mean a 3barrel on this limits looks most of the time stronger rather then weaker.
      Yep, true. Most likely we wont be able to Call. :(