$2.69
      CO:
      $2.62
      BU:
      $3.67
      SB:
      $1.96

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, 2 folds, CO calls $0.05, BU calls $0.05, SB raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, SB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.95) 3, 6, 5 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.75, SB calls $0.75.

Turn: ($2.45) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.74, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.45.

SB stats: 38/4/2.0/24 hands
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I think you should 3bet to at least $0.50 preflop since there are a lot of limpers and you are OOP vs most of them. As played, postflop seems perfectly fine to me. Standard value bets both on flop and turn.

What you have to keep in mind to is that the turn value is a lot thinner. You will see the ocasional Qx with flushdraw there that floated you on the flop but your opponent seems bad enough to call with midpairs and naked flush draws so the bet is good.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Preflop: 3betting is fine since villain only minraised. Just bare in mind his range might be strong there so I'd rather 3bet/fold if he shoves.

Postflop: nice hand. I can see arguments for checking behind on the turn but since he is so short stacked and there is the flush draw out there I think betting is fine. The problem with betting is you make hands line 77-TT fold (not good) and if you get check/raised it sucks a lot and you'll have to fold maybe the best hand. But against such a loose/passive opponent I think bet/folding turn would be better indeed, even with a full stack.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Preflop is fine, but as Manu said you could argue fora bigger 3bet size.

Postflop it's an obvious value bet on the flop and there's decent sizing on that. On the turn we definitely can't bet/fold or check/fold, he has a 1/3 pot bet left so we need to either get it all in by betting (I doubt he'll fold any pair with so little left to be honest) or we can check and let him shove his bluffs.

I think betting here is perfectly fine since he has so little left he can call with a ton of hands, if we think he's aggro enough to bet when checked to we can do that as an alternative.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Oh yeah, Wriggers brought up two mistakes of mine:

1) when I wrote "preflop" I didn't consider his stack. So against so short a stack there shouldn't be 3bet/folding JJ.

2) when I was considering the "check/raise sucks" on the turn, I was thinking solely against a villain with a full stack but didn't write it (that's why I wrote "even with a full stack" in the end, because the whole time I was thinking vs. a full stack"). Vs. such a short stack it's quite clearly a value bet on the turn.