[NL2-NL10] Kt Bu

• HansTheGreat
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, K.
      MP3 calls $0.05, CO calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.25, SB folds, BB raises to $0.60, MP3 calls $0.55, CO folds, Hero calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.87) 6, 6, 6 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.87) 8 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.40, BB folds, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.87.
  • 3 replies
    • luizsilveira
      Preflop it's a very dodgy call. The price you're getting is excellent and you will be in position; on the other hand, your hand will often be dominated by AK, AJ, KQ, KJ, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT... so you are basically playing for the flush, which is not good of course and you won't hit often enough to make the call profitable. So even when you do hit hard on the flop you can't be sure you're ahead (not even with the flush) and will end up paying off your opponents quite often.

Better just fold pre, unless villain does it every hand or something like that.

On flop and turn I think it's fine, since they both checked twice I think I'd stab as well. Just bare in mind most pocket pairs are calling (some people will not fold a full house ever) and if you hit your flush on the river it is quite quite likely not good as your opponents will almost always have a full house - even if a tiny one (even if, yes, sometimes you will find people calling there with ace high).

I think you might as well bet a bit smaller, something like 1.1 to 1.2 max will do the same job and save a few BBs when it goes wrong.
    • EmanuelC16
      Fold preflop after the 3bet. KT is a very bad hand to play in a 3bet pot 100bb deep against this type of opponents. Postflop is very questionable, probably towards bad. People like setmining in 3bet pots so you are trying to make them fold full houses and some AQ/AK type hands which is very risky 3way. That's one of the reasons to just muck it pre.
    • Wriggers
      As both have said, it's marginal at best, and bad at worst preflop. Yes you're getting good odds, but what flop is good for you? A flopped straight, flush, or monster draw. You're not even really happy with 2 pair here.

Postflop i don't like trying to fold out pairs (Which are never folding on the turn after the flop action) and A high (Which can easily call one street).