$2.29
      UTG2:
      $4.59
      MP1:
      $18.96
      MP2:
      $3.87

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, Q.
      CO posts deadblind, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.05, MP3 calls $0.05, CO checks, Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.25, CO folds.

Flop: ($0.77) 3, 3, A (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.57, MP3 calls $0.57.

Turn: ($1.91) 9 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.91) 4 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $1.91.
      Results follow:

MP3 shows two pairs, aces and threes(A J).
      Hero shows a pair of threes(K Q).

MP3 wins with two pairs, aces and threes(A J).

MP3 stats : 12/10/0.7/Fcbet 0%/162 hands
  • 5 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Nice hand.

I think on the flop you can bet slightly less, like 0.45~0.5. It might look silly but these differences add up quite a bunch throughout the month. Mind that you can do that because the board is so dry - the are virtually no draws possible. Either he has a decent ace to call or he doesn't and will fold - even to a smaller bet.

Since he called flop I'd give up as well. Barrelling again would be a bit spewy and he would probably use his A (whatever kicker) as a bluff catcher anyway. Be prepared to win a ton of $ from him when you have a stronger ace.

And please try not to post results :D
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      As luiz said (God in all these hands I feel like i'm just repeating what others have replied :D ) the flop is so dry that you can easily cbet, but the flop is also so dry that you can cbet smaller, they're folding anything other than a 3 or an A here so you can probably bet as small as $0.40
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Preflop you can raise it bigger with 3 limpers. Since you are OTB 6x is fine but I think you should usually go for 7-8x. On the flop that is probably the driest you will ever get. I'm not a huge fan of cbetting here. It's definitely not -EV since there is a decent amount of dead money to collect but even fish know you don't always have a hand at will float you with a lot of pairs. Add to that the fact that you give up after cbetting and not only once you will find them taking the check/call flop, check turn, bet out river line with stuff like 45, QJ or anything else in their loose flop calling range.

You can't really bet for value or as a bluff and it's not a situation where there's just a bunch of dead money to be taken. You have the so called "nut nothing", the best hand without a pair, it's OK to check behind here in a HU pot. Had your hand been Qx or Jx then I think betting is perfectly fine with the intention of barreling good turns to make small pairs and K high fold (usually T or higher is good to barrel, here I'd choose 8 or higher simply because there are more small pairs combos that float the flop).
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Preflop you can raise it bigger with 3 limpers. Since you are OTB 6x is fine but I think you should usually go for 7-8x. On the flop that is probably the driest you will ever get. I'm not a huge fan of cbetting here. It's definitely not -EV since there is a decent amount of dead money to collect but even fish know you don't always have a hand at will float you with a lot of pairs. Add to that the fact that you give up after cbetting and not only once you will find them taking the check/call flop, check turn, bet out river line with stuff like 45, QJ or anything else in their loose flop calling range.

You can't really bet for value or as a bluff and it's not a situation where there's just a bunch of dead money to be taken. You have the so called "nut nothing", the best hand without a pair, it's OK to check behind here in a HU pot. Had your hand been Qx or Jx then I think betting is perfectly fine with the intention of barreling good turns to make small pairs and K high fold (usually T or higher is good to barrel, here I'd choose 8 or higher simply because there are more small pairs combos that float the flop).
      Nice points. Especially considering villain's fold to cbet :f_biggrin: , even though 160 hands is no decent sample.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luizsilveira
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16

Nice points. Especially considering villain's fold to cbet :f_biggrin: , even though 160 hands is no decent sample.
      Well, I didn't specify his exact F to cbet in this case because even someone that folds 50% to cbets will float here quite wide. 0% F2cbet in 160 hands doesn't push it towards calling or cbetting because if he floats wide, he floats worse but then we either have to bluffcatch river or barrel to take down the dead money he puts in by calling our cbet.

We can say we cbet to make him create dead money which we take down later. Either by bluffcatching or barreling. This is something you need to have confidence in your reads to do and (ldo) at least some basic reads of your opponents type.