This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] TT river call with FH?

• HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $3.27
      MP2:
      $5.78
      MP3 (Hero):
      $10.74
      CO:
      $3.10
      BU:
      $5.00
      SB:
      $3.09

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T, T.
      MP2 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.25, 2 folds, SB calls $0.23, 2 folds, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($0.6) K, K, 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.6) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20.

River: ($1) K (2 players)
      SB bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70.

Final Pot: $2.4.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a full-house, kings full of tens(T T).
      SB shows a full-house, kings full of queens(Q Q).

SB wins with a full-house, kings full of queens(Q Q).

SB stats: 11/7/1.6/336 hands
  • 2 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Your hand may look pretty but vs someone with such tight stats and relatively passive it's mostly a bluffcatcher vs someone that seldom bluffs. He is probably value betting a FH himself. The question is does he bet a worse FH? He can have TT, JJ, QQ, rarely 9x. Although he does have 9x (but really rarely since he is tight) I lean towards a fold. If you JJ yourself I would absolutely consider bluffcatching vs him since we beat 6 extra combos of TT he has in his range.

Personally, I prefer cbetting that flop for value. Your opponents range is mostly made of pairs and hands like AT+, KJ+, QJ imo. That means you can get some value vs his medium pairs and you make him fold a good 25% equity when he has overcards + backdoor straights.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Why ain't ya CBetting the flop? We need to protect our hand from overcards rather than Check it behind and turn our hand into bluff-catcher which happened. But as you play it this way I am not getting away. Of course he is passive player but at the same time you kinda induced such a play. Bet the flop and protect your hand. :)

Best Regards.