[NL2-NL10] Nl5

• asterixobelix2012
      asterixobelix2012
      Bronze
      So here's what I was thinking while playing this hand.

I had the initiative and BB raised on the flop. I re raised to make sure if he had a made straight. I figured if he did, he would perhaps go all in, if he called, he was perhaps chasing a straight or a flush draw else he'd fold if he was bluffing. I raised pre-flop so he must have figured I have high cards and seeing the board perhaps he donk bet. On the turn he checks and I checked too fearing he might have hit an ace. Didn't know if I should raise here. He did ultimately call my pre flop raise. The river put me in a fix. Straight draw might have completed and I thought he might raise, but the size of his raise didn't feel right. He bet the pot kinda making him feel desperate to win what he had put in after seeing that I had checked on the turn. Had he bet $2 I might have folded. So now the question is, did I play the river right? Was my thought process right through this hand and what other mistakes do you feel I made on this hand.

On another note, should I post my hands on just one thread or start a new one for every hand?

Thanks.

BB:
      $11.74
      Hero:
      $4.42

0.03/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:diamond: , J:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 4 folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.43) 8:spade: , 7:heart: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.43, Hero raises to $1.20, BB calls $0.77.

Turn: ($2.83) A:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.83) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $2.83, Hero calls $2.83.

Final Pot: $8.49
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello asterixobelix2012,

Don't raise the flop, it's way too dangerous board, too many 2pair combos/made straight/sets are possible. Rather take a pot control line and play it passively.

As played I'd just fold it on the river, no way I am going to Call a pot size bet. What do you expect to beat there?

On another note, should I post my hands on just one thread or start a new one for every hand?

Post new thread for every new hand. :)

Best Regards.