[NL2-NL10] iso raise on utg limper

• roopopper
      Hello Coach

I was trying to isolate big fish( 54/32) who limped from utg, how would you read this hand, to be honest I feel I got lucky on the river and should maybe have not called? The reason I called the river bet was he showed no aggresion so thought he must have a weak pair. I felt I was gambling here and not really playing well.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.03)
      BB ($2.32)
      UTG ($1.76)
      UTG+1 ($2.10)
      UTG+2 ($2)
      MP1 ($3.10)
      Hero ($2.10)
      BTN ($0.83)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: A:spade:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, fold, BB calls $0.08, UTG calls $0.08

FLOP ($0.31) 3:heart: K:heart: J:diamond:

BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.31) 3:heart: K:heart: J:diamond: 6:heart:

BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($0.31) 3:heart: K:heart: J:diamond: 6:heart: A:diamond:

BB checks, UTG bets $0.52, Hero calls $0.52, BB folds
  • 2 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      Roo also plays? Hope that not when drinking! :f_p:

I think it's best to cbet there even 3way. Reason for it is that people limp/call or flat hands like small to medium pairs and suited garbage. It's a good flop to bluff out the medium pairs and in case they don't fold and float you with a hand like 99, Jx you still have a gutshot, an overcard and a BD FD that is sometimes good which means you have decent equity vs that. Combine that with plenty of folding equity it's a good spot to cbet.

As played, I snap fold to the river overbet. He could be bluffing sometimes but you need your AT to be good about 40% of the time which is quite a lot given the circumstances.
    • veriz
      Hello roopopper,

Most likely it would be even better idea to CB the flop to gain free card for the river while you have still a lot of outs like Ace maybe and of course the GS.

But as played you can just fold the river, he ain't bluffing there and you don't beat much which overbets. :)

Best Regards.