pajopatak14 (MP+1): $17.61
      BattleDoom (CO): $36.63
      rasta4ever1 (BTN): $19.46
      Myxxamed (SB): $28.95
      2SWAN2 (BB): $20.89
      DaniilHarms (UTG): $19.40

Myxxamed posts SB $0.10, 2SWAN2 posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: ($0.30) BGawli has A:diamond: Q:spade:

fold, BGawli raises to $0.70, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, 2SWAN2 calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.50, 2 players) A:club: 8:heart: 2:spade:
      2SWAN2 checks, BGawli bets $0.95, 2SWAN2 raises to $3.26, fold

Flop: very dry board so I think that x would be optional
  • 1 reply
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Hmmm the flop is very dry and Villain, even over a small sample, has shown that he is aggressive postflop with his AF. Realistically the only hands that beat you here are 88, AK and 22, so that's 14 combinations of hands in his entire range that beats you. What does he raise that doesn't beat you? A whole lot of air, other hands like low pocket pairs that he knows don't have much showdown value, 8x maybe, maybe some AJ/AT hands.

I think i'd call here and re-evaluate on the turn. There's just not enough that beats you, and he's aggressive postflop, to make it a fold.

What to do on the turn can be marginal however, if it's a blank and he fires again it gets pretty thin here, i'd imagine he's definitely capable of spewing off a whole buyin on his bluff, but he is also capable of having a set or AK. So on the turn and river we get to more marginal calling/folding spots, and it's better to go off generic betsizing tells. If it looks like he's trying to set up for a river shove then we can probably fold, if his betsizing is too small or too large then there's a decent chance he's bluffing (just generic micro-regs bet sizing tells there, not applicable to everyone so use with caution :D )