Hero checks, CO bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75

RIVER ($2.78) 3:club: K:spade: 4:spade: A:diamond: 8:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $1.05, Hero calls $1.05

CO shows 5:club: A:spade:
      (Pre 57%, Flop 32.9%, Turn 88.6%)

Hero shows Q:heart: K:diamond:
      (Pre 43%, Flop 67.1%, Turn 11.4%)

CO wins $4.71

had a read on him that his limp calling 57o he's 75/24 and his note aggresive only 1.1,
      my plan was to check call him on the turn an reevaluate the river. Note sure about that call on the river.
  • 3 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, Shady.

Interesting hand, thanks for posting.

Is KQo a standard raise preflop for you from UTG? And do you always open 5x?

Flop is fine by me. On the turn it gets a bit questionable but I think you still have value in betting. If his range is so wide it does contain many random draws (both straight and flush draws) and worse pairs than yours. The advantage of betting is avoid him checking behind with all his draws, plus you price it yourself - what would you do if he had bet pot size?

If he is so passive and the flush draw didn't hit I would be in doubt between betting still once more for thin value on the river. Against these weaker opponents you van very well use a blockbet and price very low your showdown, as they will almost never raise with a worse hand. With the flush draw hitting it gets even more thin, and I think if you check you can actually play check/fold. If he has a weak hand like a smaller pair or a K he is not betting but rather getting the showdown (remember, he is passive), and there is no bluff range for him (like busted flush draw). The only bluff range he actually has is something like 65 that busted. So I think check/folding river (after you bet and he called the turn) on that spot, against this opponent, is slightly better.

Does it make sense? I hope I was able to help e bit! Good luck at the tables.
    • Shady9966
      Shady9966
      Global
      5BB it's standard when i have dead money in the pot ( limpers or persons who don't waith for the BB) ussualy i bet 4BB.
      i will call him even if he bet pot size there i think.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Shady9966,

Especially while you are against a fish then rather don't turn your hand into bluff-catcher. Just Bet yourself on the turn for free showdown and maybe even value from draws.

Best Regards.