NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5)
      Hero ($5.58)
      UTG ($7.68)
      UTG+1 ($5.80)
      CO ($2)
      BTN ($3.93)

Dealt to Hero K:club: K:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.90, UTG+1 calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.82) 8:diamond: 6:diamond: Q:diamond:

Hero bets $1.21, UTG+1 raises to $4.80, Hero calls $3.47 (AI)

TURN ($11.18) 8:diamond: 6:diamond: Q:diamond: J:heart:

RIVER ($11.18) 8:diamond: 6:diamond: Q:diamond: J:heart: 4:spade:

Hero shows K:club: K:heart:
      (Pre 84%, Flop 53.0%, Turn 63.6%)

UTG+1 shows J:diamond: T:club:
      (Pre 16%, Flop 47.0%, Turn 36.4%)

Hero wins $10.63

62/31 2.0 AF still only 14 hands note sure that his AF is that low
      His bet size from the utg make me think that he will shove any 3bet ( note that i was so worried about that) when he call i still was putting him on something good like flushdraw and TPTK or something. I feel that i had to call.
  • 4 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, Shady.

A bit of a funky spot indeed. Unfortunately 14 hands are indeed far from enough to get an idea of the player.

I think your 3bet pre is absolutely fine; and the size is ok since he opened so big. I'd make more than 3x on these limits though if his open was a standard size.

It's a bit of a bad spot if you had the wrong kings - even if it's still an overpair. If I got it right on equilab, we still have only 50% against his hand! Even though he has "only" a gutshot and a flush draw.

I think if we put him on a full range we're not doing that great (including flushes, flush draws+pairs, and pairs + (two pairs and sets).

Some people say there is no fold with an overpair in a 3bet pot but I don't like those "fixed" approaches so much. However, in your case the villain was acting pretty weird (with his betsize pre and call the 3bet) so I would probably just bet and go broke as well. There are some flushes in his range but there can be so many other hands, and some times he will just fold and we take down the pot.

I just wouldn't like bet/folding that much; I think you should either cbet/go broke (like you did) or just check and give up (or hope he checks behind and you play from there with your overpair).

Does that make sense for you? I do have my doubts though so I'll ask for a 2nd opinion. But against an opponent who plays weird I myself am def. going broke there as well.
    • filipetheman
      filipetheman
      Bronze
      hi, its very few hands indeed but that player is without a doubt playing to many hands so its absolutly likely that he also shows up with stuff like QTo with no FD etc so NH.

i came here just to congratulate luizsilveira, good luck and its really great to see you improve your game so fast, and the english community is richer for having you, still try not to dissapear from the portuguese community. :f_cool:
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by filipetheman
      hi, its very few hands indeed but that player is without a doubt playing to many hands so its absolutly likely that he also shows up with stuff like QTo with no FD etc so NH.

i came here just to congratulate luizsilveira, good luck and its really great to see you improve your game so fast, and the english community is richer for having you, still try not to dissapear from the portuguese community. :f_cool:
      Thanks a lot mate. You are just way too nice.... but thank you. Hopefully I can help a bit around here, even though I do know I won't be able to help as much as I've been helped by you guys.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Shady9966,

Preflop: Against his 6xBB open-raise your 3x 3bet ain't wrong and most likely I would have done the same.

As played
      Postflop: Doubt that we can do much here while even being in multiway pot. Of course the board isn't that great for us but the question is really if we can give it up while he may easily have a lot worse hands.

Best Regards.