This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AA @ connected board

• luckylooser88
      luckylooser88
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $57.04
      UTG: $37.58
      MP: $24.26
      Hero (CO): $26.54
      BTN: $29.23
      SB: $10.00

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has A:diamond: A:club:

fold, MP calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.25, BTN calls $1.25, fold, fold, MP calls $1.00

Flop: ($4.10, 3 players) 8:diamond: 4:spade: 7:diamond:
      MP checks, Hero bets $3.00, BTN calls $3.00, fold

Turn: ($10.10, 2 players) 9:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($10.10, 2 players) T:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $5.00, Hero calls $5.00

Villain: reg 19/16/4 fold 2 cbet 25% over 185 hands

Didn't played pots with him and we have no postflop history. MP was a fish so he could call small PP for set mine, SC for implied odds with the fish or QQ+ to keep the fish(basically any pair).
      On the flop, the same story he could call with draws to improve, with overpairs to keep the pot small or with a set to trap and also not to scare the fish. @ turn, by checking behind he is telling me that he don't have any set, he could have a pair now or 2p, or still missed FD. The river... hm.. he could thin value bet TP/overpair, 2pairs and bluff missed FD.

Pot odds 25%
      Equity: 33% against KK-TT, KJs, QJs, JTs, T9s, 98s, 87s, 76s, KdQd, KdTd, QdTd, Jd9d
      Conclusion: Even if at the table felt a bit wrong to call, actually it was a good call consider the above range.

I made the analysis myself regarding my river call, what are your thoughts on this?
      Also, I posted this because I'm unsure about my play on turn... is my passive line fine or should I fire again?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Prefer betting turn for value. You can´t really c/r there and he might not bet himself his pair+draw type hands that he would call you on the turn. You´re ahead most of the times and therefore should bet for value and protection.

Not sure he would bet river for value his one pair hands, so I think it should be c/f. basically any hand combo between 56s-JT would beat you and if he floated smt like AQ I think he would rather bet turn than wait on the river.

Best regards,