[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Fr Aa

• 2 replies
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Bronze
      Hmm, your cbet is too small, I think around ~.16 is fine, on the turn did you notice how quickly villain bet? It's not a bad fold by any means, I think if he leads for a lesser amount I call and re-evaluate the river, when players like this bet the pot I think you sadly have to give them credit, but I think he's doing it with TPFD a fair amount, combo's of J9, 2p and sometimes midpair with the Ah and obv already made flushes. So as played good fold, but cbet more for protection as well as value. Have a good weekend, Paul.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, adsefghijk

As said above, I also think you could cbet a little higher. Not because your hand is so strong but because the board is very dangerous and there are a lot of hands/draws that will call us (which means we can go for max. value).

Other than that, did you have any reads on villain? Did you see him doing that before? Etc.

That kind of play is really villain dependant: some would only do it with a flush, some would only do it as a big bluff.

So folding there is absolutely fine I think, you can always wait for a better/clearer spot. But I would def. keep an eye on him to see if he does that kind of play too often; if he does, it probably is the case that he just likes to bluff very scary cards.

But yeah, without that read folding is good. If he bets big again on the river (which is probable, either as bluff or for value) you will be in a very tough spot in a big spot. Many weaker players are only capable of bluffing one street (i.e., they would bluff the turn and, if called, check the river) but I wouldn't count on that without further info on the opponent.