[NL2-NL10] Jj

• wnbMG
      vs normal players...should I 4bet squezze and get it in or call or fold? what about other pocketpairs?
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($19.70)
      BB ($43.54)
      UTG ($21.36)
      CO ($24.69)
      BTN ($20)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: J:spade:

fold, CO raises to $0.60, fold, Hero calls $0.50, BB raises to $1.80, CO calls $1.20, fold
  • 1 reply
    • luizsilveira
      Hi, wnbMG!

By "normal" players I think you mean "unknowns", right?

There is not one-approach-only to this really. Depends a bit on how aggressive people in general are playing in a certain limit, and it even varies from platform to another.

JJ is quite debatable: there are good merits for both calling and 3betting preflop, since the CO range is rather weak. I'd say QQ I'd always 3bet there against unknowns, but while I have no idea on how the guy plays (is he going to 4bet/bluff me? Is he going to call my 3bet and check/raise every flop? etc.) I rather just call and play in position.

Who are the blinds also make a huge difference whether to 3bet or not. If they are too aggressive it's often better to 3bet yourself; otherwise they will, taking down the initiative.

As for your hand there, I'd still go ahead and call the 3bet. If the CO did have a very strong hand he would have 4bet. We have a pretty strong hand that has decent equity even against a strong range (is flipping vs. AK/AQ), good playability, we are closing the action (no one can reraise after us) and we will have absolute position postflop! Plus, you only have to call $1.2 for a pot that will be pretty big; you can count on reasonable implied odds for the case you do hit a set and your opponent either has a big pair or an AK and hits as well.