how fast can i move up limits?

• 13 replies
    • Saka000
      Saka000
      Bronze
      You have to put a lot of hard work in your game,but it is possible for about 2,3 years.In my case i started with nl10 and i am at that limit about half year,it is pretty hard,you know...look at my blog...i am hitting pretty hard downswing right now. :(

Saka000 journey :)
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      i think u can move up limit as fast as 1-3 months, if u are REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD.

But of course, we still need to consider variance...BRM.

I dont like cash game eventhou i do play it sometimes.

i did this...
      SNG $0.10 to SNG $3.5 in 3 months, this month is the 5th month n im stuck with SNG $3.50
    • BrinkyBill
      BrinkyBill
      Bronze
      If you feel comfortable with a really aggressive BRM, than you can move up way faster. Just play 4-6 tables really tight and have maybe 15BI for each level and once you have 15BI for the next move up. Of course you have to put in a lot of time of actually studying the game and improving on theorectic aspects.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      ive been studying the game on and off for like 7 years i should be ok :) thanks for the advice and exp.!
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by ilovemagic
      ive been studying the game on and off for like 7 years i should be ok :) thanks for the advice and exp.!
      If you've been playing and studying for 7 years and still playing NL2 you've been doing it wrong.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      hahaha i know eh..well my problem is i always go on tilt but i seem to have read all the tilt articles now so i should be good on that major leak!!!
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by ilovemagic
      hahaha i know eh..well my problem is i always go on tilt but i seem to have read all the tilt articles now so i should be good on that major leak!!!

Yeah tilt could be a major leak. Mental game is a skill that can and must be learned if you want to be plaiyng anything higher then the micros. Its just as important to have a good mindset as it is to have good technical skills.

You can be a great player but if you go on tilt every other day and spew off a few BI's each time you will always go busto.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      yeah i know from experience. but im growing as a player i notice it in my mood now
    • oxygenwong
      oxygenwong
      Bronze
      I used to play at FTP, built my BR from $100 to $1000.then the black Friday.

I started playing again at PS at the end of October, starting at NL2, 24 multi-tabling.At the 1st of Dec, I have earned enough BR to move up to NL 5. I keep a BRM of 50BI.

Once in a every few days, I play 50-50.
    • bjela
      bjela
      Bronze
      Hey ilovemagic,

my advice is not to worry about moving up limits and winning a lot of money. You should always and only be concentrated on playing your absolute best poker, and if you work hard enough, results will come.

Also, if you are (were) prone to tilt, I'd stick to strict bankroll management. Something like 30BI or so.
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Good luck man,
      I'm keen to see how it goes for you.
      Keep us all posted here in the forum as to your progress and your thoughts.
      Stepping up is a dillema for all of us, so we'd all be interseted to bounce ideas and such off each other.
      Peace
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      I started the night with 15 BI's for $1 SnG's.
      I now have 40 BI for $1 sngs after playing roughly 11 sng's of 9,18,27,and 45 persons respectively.

I have a lot going thru my mind right now because i am still reeling about losing so much yesterday.

I haven't had to use my tilt check yet, but I have taken some horrific beats, but don't even notice them so much when I have 3 other sng's going at once and so many decisions to make.

I think my main problem I alleviated was bordom, and I'm not just sitting there and stewing in my misery after I take a hit, and I'm playing more to the standard SnG starting hands chart and the push or fold charts and they have been making all the major decisions for me, and have been ++++++EV so far :) .

Right now the goal is to keep my mind at peace and play some solid poker, the results just come if I follow what I've learned. The best part is I haven't really changed anything about my play, I am just playing more tables now. 1 Was definately too few. 4 seems to be working out just great, I dont find myself getting so bored.

I think for now I will for sure stick to the 9 man ones strictly, because it seems good to just focus on one type of sng for now.

Also I will be participating in the World Record tourney at stars today, so wish me luck on that one!
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      maybe if you are like 25 tabling