ACCT froz....Stars demand 600$ b4 play i sallowed

• racenutalways
      racenutalways
      Bronze
      Acc't gets hacked back in August, Denmark stolen credit card was used to attempt to deposit 600, was rejected, they chipped dumped my money to 3 different acc'ts. Now I'm asked to pay the 600$.

Cool site huh
  • 14 replies
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      cool story bro
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Gold
      work it out with pokeerstars, if you are a victim things will work out.
    • racenutalways
      racenutalways
      Bronze
      Victim or not, you're responsible for your acc't. They wont budge until it's paid.

Talked to 3 individuals, numerous emails and still, they want that 600$.

Beware with this site fellas......

to Ragney, seriously dude, show some intelligence, the only reason you registered is to place thoughtless replies to posts, please, just don't!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by racenutalways
      Victim or not, you're responsible for your acc't. They wont budge until it's paid.

Talked to 3 individuals, numerous emails and still, they want that 600$.

Beware with this site fellas......

to Ragney, seriously dude, show some intelligence, the only reason you registered is to place thoughtless replies to posts, please, just don't!
      Hi guys,

Enough is enough! Let's be polite to each other from now on.

@racenutalways,

If you have done everything in your power to get this sorted and Stars are still requesting that you pay the money, then I'm guessing that you must do this in order to play there.

Have you tried proving to them that it wasn't you though? Surely there are ways that this can be done.

I will see if I can send some help your way :)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi racenutalways,

I'm very sorry to hear about your PokerStars account being hacked.

Unfortunately, since this is a security issue we have no power to step in behalf of you. PokerStars would not give us any personal information etc..

I hope this gets resolved.

Ingrid
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      well why on earth your acc being hack? Some reasons

1. You play poker at cybercafe?
      2. You play poker using share PC?
      3. You give your poker pass, email pass to ur friend/s?
      4. Your password is short, easy to detect?
      5. You gave ur friendssss to use your pc without supervision?
      6. Your pc anti virus is out of date?
      7. You tried to deposit using other people card?

If u have done one of above, then its your fault.
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Once again for me:

At which time you told Pokerstars, that your acc was hacked?
      How could they know your PW? Have you found a trojaner or something else on your PC?

Have you played after that on Stars?

What would you do, if someone cheats you for an amount of $600? I think it is normal, that you have to pay the bill as long as you have no concret proves, that you did nothing.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey,

What i dont understand is if, like you said, they attempted to deposit 600 from a stolen credit card and it was rejected what money did they chip dump with and why are they saying you have to pay it?

Or am i just being thick? If it was rejected nothing was deposited yet what is there to pay back
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly

Or am i just being thick? If it was rejected nothing was deposited yet what is there to pay back
      yes, I was wondering that too!
    • racenutalways
      racenutalways
      Bronze
      These is nothing to pay back. That's the kicker, why do I have to pay an amount that was never deposited. Their software shows a negative, froze the account automatically and can not be reversed until acc't is payed.

Keep asking them why I have to pay thaty 600. The reply is simple. "Cause it's your acc't". Marlon, who called me, doesn't understand why they are asking me for that 600$ either. I emailed them the copy of my transactions showing "rejected". I can show hands they played, how they played it and who they dumped it to. It shows IP address from where account was accessed. Foreign country.

Thank you for your email.

This has been explained to you over the phone by my colleague
      Marlon on December 3rd.

The negative balance on your account '.............' is your
      responsibility and must be reversed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Just letting people know how vulnerable you are playing at stars.
      Spent 5 yrs online playing various sites, never encountered any problems, Stars is just in their own world.
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      Hey,

What i dont understand is if, like you said, they attempted to deposit 600 from a stolen credit card and it was rejected what money did they chip dump with and why are they saying you have to pay it?

+1 This appears absolutely ludicrous and makes no sense what so ever
    • profimaximus
      profimaximus
      Bronze
      This story is so crazy that I have to belive in it.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      I think it's quite possible for transactions to be authorised before being rejected at a later stage. Just the same as you can deposit a fraudulent cheque withdraw the money and 6 weeks later be overdrawn and in the shitter.
    • racenutalways
      racenutalways
      Bronze
      Probably right fusion, this is what they sent me. As you can see the deposit was made 1:12 pm, the -600$ was what I thought was declined, but looks more like a chip dump. Another obvious method used by hackers, good catch Stars on having good security to catch odd behaviors and obvious chip dump. To those bozos, everyone looks legit.

[img][IMG]https://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1779/600p.png[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]