This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH 3b pot turn play with nuts

• gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Platinum
      Prima Network $40.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -
      MP: $82.42 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 21, 3B: 8, fold to 3B 65,4B 12 , Fold to cbet 38, bet in position vs missed cbet on turn 67% (6), bet river 37%, AF: 3.3, WTSD 23, Hands: 2930
      CO: $22.45
      BTN: $51.30
      Hero (SB): $64.13
      BB: $45.80
      UTG: $33.01

Pre Flop: ($0.60) Hero is SB with A :heart: Q :heart:
      UTG calls $0.40, MP raises to $2.40, 2 folds, Hero raises to $7.20, 2 folds, MP calls $4.80

Flop: ($15.20) 3 :heart: 6 :heart: 8 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $11.40, MP calls $11.40

Turn: ($38.00) 4 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

River: ($38.00) A :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $45.53, MP folds

On the flop I have 2 options: check/shove or bet/broke. Which one you prefer and why?
      On that board I will be giving up a lot, so I could better balance my check/folding range by check/raising
      If he checks back probably he doesn't have a pair and I guess could push him off AK.
      Bet/broke is like a standard line but I don't actually make a better hand to fold or worse hand to call.

As played would you continue betting the turn? His range is something like overpairs and ace highs I guess so I think with most of his range he would bet the turn and if I bet he is folding A high. When he checks back turn I think his range is mostly A highs and because of that I shoved the river.
      Do you think my thought process was right to get most value?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think bet/bet/shove line would be the best or bet flop and c/rai turn to let him float flop and then shove turn with fold equity.

Since you made your hand you should continue betting. Not sure if he would b/c turn worse hands than two pair, but he might easily call turn once more (and even call on blank river smt like 99)

If you bet 14$ then you have easy river shove.

I personally would not shove river, but valuebet 14$. He would very likely bet himselt his Ax hands and even if he ahs there smt like AJ, he would fold putting you on AK

Best regards,