Martoony11 (BTN): $20.63
      47Hitman47 (SB): $24.69
      fred03cc (BB): $23.77
      BGawli (UTG): $20.64
      CHALL17 (UTG+1): $17.50
      BattleDoom (MP): $74.21

47Hitman47 posts SB $0.10, fred03cc posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: ($0.30) BGawli has 8:club: 8:heart:

BGawli raises to $0.80, fold, fold, fold, fold, anthgray74 calls $0.80, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.90, 2 players) 5:club: A:heart: T:spade:
      BGawli bets $1.20, anthgray74 calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.30, 2 players) A:spade:
      BGawli bets $2.45, fold

Flop: standard cbet
      Turn: on this street I decided to fire 2ndBarrel because of his very bad stats. Moreover his fold to cbet turn: 100% so I think that 2ndB was good option in this situation
  • 1 reply
    • luizsilveira
      Hi, BGawli!

It seems you have mistaken the forum section in a few of your posts. I'll try to evaluate the hand now if you don't mind, but for the future it would be best if you posted in the silver hand evaluation forum (NL20 to 50).

To be honest, I don't like the 2nd barrel at all. Well, that because I can't really figure all his stats. Maybe if he has indeed 59VPIP it has it's merits, but even so... a large range consists of lots of Ax.

Against thinking players this will often not work. When you cbet the flop, since you are from UTG, you are representing already a strong ace; if he called flop, he is often ok with that (either because he is strong or, more likely, because he does not believe you). However, when the second ace hits on the turn, it makes LESS likely that you do have an ace (since there are only two left in the deck!). Other than making less likely that you hold an ace, that card doesn't really change much - so it won't be a card to scare a good player in position.

Finally, with only 98 hands (I'm gessing those (98) are # of hands) you can't really look into his fold to turn cbet stat. That's because the sample is too small, especially for full ring - it might be just a coincidence that he folded a few in a row, but in the long run he could be a player that doesn't fold that much on the turn at all. This fold to cbet on the turn stat should take at least a sample of some 1,5k hands to be reliable. I wouldn't even look before I have 1k hands on the opponent. Be attentive to that: the later the street, the more hands you need because the less occurences you have; on 100 hands we only reach the turn some few times; and we see many less turns than flops, but many more turns than rivers... I don't know if I made myself clear :D