This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 TT Overpair overplayed?

• adsefghijk
      adsefghijk
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $0,94
      MP2:
      $2,02
      Hero:
      $2,21

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:heart: , T:spade:
      2 folds, UTG2 raises to $0,06, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,06, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,24, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0,18.

Flop: ($0,57) 7:spade: , 6:diamond: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0,46, MP2 calls $0,46.

Turn: ($1,49) 7:club: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero raises $1,51 (All-In), MP2 raises to $1,32 (All-In).

River: ($4,32) J:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,32

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows (Ad 8d)
      Hero shows two-pair, tens and sevens (Th Ts)

Hero wins with two-pair, tens and sevens (Th Ts)

I put him on a draw but not a monstar draw. Did I overplay my TT or did I play correctly?
  • 2 replies
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Totally. You overplayed it both preflop and postflop. You shouldn't 3bet with TT, at least not when the open raiser are from UTG with 7/4 stats, it's a rock. Probably you're gonna end up with JJ+. As played your shoving on the turn aren't going to do you any good. You'd only gonna get called with hands like trips or over pair like JJ+ and force weaker hands to fold.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello adsefghijk,

Preflop: Not even sure if I would go for 3bet here, especially against such a nit. :(

As played
      Postflop: Not much to add, if you even went for value preflop. MP2 calling range may easily contain from a lot of draws and even weaker pairs/PPs.

Best Regards.