How to .... MTTs

• kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      How to best prepare yourself for MTTs? (specially if it is not your speciality eg. from cash games)

I mean for players that dedicate to the MTTs only to the week-end and with that just reduced amount of time what will be the best way to take max profit/benefit from studying MTTs?

Watching videos, study articles/books, play ICM Trainer, other?

... and in which order?

TY :)
  • 2 replies
    • janushr
      janushr
      Bronze
      just keep winning :f_cool: hand after hand...and you might win it on end:) you need to learn to count pott odds and in different stages and lots other stuff wich isnt in cash...and keep learning...i personnally prefer videos,but good ones...and practice makes expert...
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Imo the best way to prepare for MTT's is to learn with and from other players. For example in a skype group. Especially session reviews and live sweats are very effective.

Videos are good, too, but it's very important to watch them with full concentration while searching for plays that alter from your own. If you find those you can start thinking about which line is better and why. Just watching videos while playing poker at the same time won't improve your game.

PS: I'm a german MTT coach. My english isn't perfect obv (but still kinda good afaik). I write here because I am bored of onetabling^^