[NL2-NL10] NL4 Pocket JJ

• ryciaga
      ryciaga
      Bronze
      Hello, got myself into weird situation here.
      How should I play this hand.
      Also one subquestion in order to save time and space. When I have pocket Tens or Jacks in early position and raise 4bb, how should I react when I am reraised 3x from 50bb stack? Insta fold, call, or shove?

Ok main situation here:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $3,83
      BB:
      $2,96
      MP1:
      $3,43
      MP2:
      $3,62
      MP3:
      $1,6
      CO:
      $4,36
      Hero:
      $4,08

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:spade: , J:club:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0,16.

Flop: ($0,46) 6:club: , 5:club: , 3:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0,16, Hero calls $0,16.

Turn: ($0,78) 6:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0,52, Hero calls $0,52.

River: ($1,82) K:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0,24, Hero calls $0,24.

Final Pot: $2,30

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows three-of-a-kind, sixes (7c 6s)
      Hero shows (Js Jc)

MP2 wins with three-of-a-kind, sixes (7c 6s)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ryciaga,

Well, according his Bet size change on the turn I might even consider just folding the hand. We could already be against flush, we could be against FH and of course even trips. But as you Call then Calling the river for given odds is totally fine.

But of course there is another possibility with that guy is that he is kinda aggressive which could even mean that he could be playing even draws aggressively, so overall your Call-down ain't a huge mistake.

Also one subquestion in order to save time and space. When I have pocket Tens or Jacks in early position and raise 4bb, how should I react when I am reraised 3x from 50bb stack? Insta fold, call, or shove?

Depends really on the guy and his stats. Against maniac 3bettors most likely we could consider even going broke. But against more kinda mid-stack players like the guy with BB stats we should just fold the hand.

Best Regards.