Reazon999

• ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Hello Coach! Im Jonathan, 25 years old from Quebec, Canada. My main language is french but I can communicate well enough in english as well. Ive been playing poker for a year now. I had a tracked account here at PS with Full Tilt Poker (Unfortunatly my money is gone for now..) Im having a serious problem with tilting. Im not that bad of a player because I usualy can win big in a session before tilting it all away. I really need to work on my mental game as well as in my "ego" playing poker (I cant beat everyone). By tracking my results here, I am pretty sure I can fix many of my problems. I need some goals, advices, and this forum/coaching should help me by alot.
  • 20 replies
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      Building a nice and comfortable bankroll for one day making a bit of money out of it.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      Tilting and trying to win every pot. I definetly dont fold enough hands when I enter a pot. I might post some graph of my showdown and non-showdown winning so you can analyse and tell me what you think about it.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      Playing tight agressive means you select your hands, you use position at your advantage, you 3bet when you need to and you bet your made hands on the flop/turn/river. It is proved that it is the most profitable style of play.
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Im actualy having a bankroll of 722.39$.
      (Of course I deposited alot of it from my own money).

I plan on going back to the very beginning. I am pretty sure I can beat NL2-5-10 but I want to prove it to myself once for all. I plan on playing 10 000 hands of NL2 then NL5 then NL10, before taking a shot at NL25 (Which is probably the limit I played the most, even tho Im a loosing player). I am using HEM So I will post graph and stats while im progressing.

NL2 here I come, 4 tabling and concentrating on every single hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Feel free to post graphs and stats here, I will give my analyze. :)

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course. Some points earned.
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Lessons seems down for me at the momment. Its saying "Internal error".
      I played 525 hands tonight. All NL2 4 tabling. Im 43¢ down after a 1.47$ up.

I posted my 2 big loosing hands in the hand judge section.

NL2 QQ vs KK
      AQ running into a 50 vpip 5 pfr vilan

Beside these two hands, I think I played a pretty solid game playing 14/10.
      Believe it or not, I find it scarier to defend my blinds at NL2 than NL25.

My sample is very small. Do you have any suggestion of a stat selection I can post so you can identify my biggest leaks?

Thanks alot!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Lessons seems down for me at the momment. Its saying "Internal error".

Unfortunately yes, they are trying to fix it.

My sample is very small. Do you have any suggestion of a stat selection I can post so you can identify my biggest leaks?

If you are posting the stats here then sure, I will provide you the information what you could change and stuff. Could also post a graph. :) 14/10 is pretty standard.
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Here is Homework 2!

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why? (Are there any hands you would play differently? Do you have a problem or question about how a specific hand or hands should be played?) I would steal blinds a bit looser in late position considering the table image and stats of the villan in the small and big blinds.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation. ( Post your hand in the Hand evaluation forums and provide a link to your hand in your private thread in the Locker Room.) Cooler or bad play?

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo. ( You can either calculate this yourself or use an equity calculator such as the PokerStrategy.com Equilab.) 45% which is mostly due to the fact that AK are the top 2 cards.
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      This course is motivating me not to make stupid mistakes!

Very proud of my results so far :) Taking Lesson #3 tonight!

Hands: 1475
      Winnings: 12.48$
      bb/100: 42.31
      vpip: 14.4
      pfr: 10.9
      3bet%: 4.8
      vs 3bet call%: 36.4
      4bet range: 1.5

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Totally agree with you about the stealing ranges. They can be very easily be balanced with even wider range. Depending on the opponent you can as well put a wider stealing range. Against some tight opponents who give up their blinds either preflop or postflop, why not to adjust? Against some shorties you can even steal with smaller raise, for example 3xBB. But don't overdo the stealing situations. Sometimes you might just put yourself into too many difficult spots if opening with marginal hands.

About Question #3:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1  53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

About the stats & graph it seems that you are doing really good. Watch out in the 3bet call spots since it's already kind of close to Call that much. You might be loosing money in them but of course for the given sample it should be fine. :)

Hopefully you enjoy the School so far. Some more points earned.
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Yes Veriz school is great! And your coachings sessions are awesome. Im watching all the podcasts.

Homework Number 3!

Question 1: You are holding KQ. What is your preflop equity against an opponent who has 33? How does the equity change on this flop: J53? (Tip: you can use the Equilab to help you with this task.)Preflop equity is always about 50% when you are holding 2 overcards against a lower pair. The equity is then dropping down to 26% because the opponent hit a set and you hit a flush draw.

Question 2: What would you do in the following hand? (Remember that it is important to explain your reasons, simply posting "Fold" or "Call" isn't enough

No Limit hold'em $2 (9-handed)

Players and stacks:
      UTG: $2.00
      UTG+1: $2.08
      MP1: $1.92
      MP2: $1.00
      MP3: $3.06
      CO: (Hero) $2.08
      BU: $2.00
      SB: $2.00
      BB: $1.24

Preflop: Hero is CO with AJ
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BU calls $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.25) 263 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.25) 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.22, BU raises to $0.44, BB folds, Hero...?!)

I would definetly call if my opponent have a big enough stack. Any 4 would give a straight and any club would give the nut flush. Its all about implied oods.

Question 3: Do you have questions about your postflop play? Post your hand for evaluation. (Post your hand in the hand evaluation forum and provide a link to your hand in your private thread in the Locker Room.)
      AK vs 3bet when Im out of position
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #3 Done!

About Question #1:
      Preflop Equity:

Equity Win Tie
      UTG 50.78% 50.40% 0.38% { KsQs }
      UTG+1 49.22% 48.84% 0.38% { 3d3c }

Postflop Equity:

Board: J:spade: 5:diamond: 3:spade:
      Equity Win Tie
      UTG 26.46% 26.46% 0.00% { KsQs }
      UTG+1 73.54% 73.54% 0.00% { 3d3c }

About Question #2:
      There are several occasions on turn:
      a) If we take just odds for the FD and we take into account that all our odds are clean. Which means:
      Total Pot = $0,91 ; We have to Call = $0,22 -> According to that it means we are getting ~4,16:1 odds. For flushdraw we would need 4:1. Which tells us that we are getting perfect odds.
      b) If we consider the opponent having sets here:
      Which means we have to discount outs, for example 6 and also 3. Which means we have 7 clean outs so that means we need 6:1 odds. That tells us that we need ~$0,41 on river to make it profitable. If we expect the opponent being loose enough and being able to pay us no-matter what then we can do the Call here properly.
      c) We might even have overcards as outs or even 4 as a out:
      Although this kind of situation ain't that likely. I'd rather discount that one and either pick a) or b). Most likely towards Call.

You are doing great progress, keep going!
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Question 1: Post a hand for evaluation in which you have the initiative postflop. (Post your hand in the Hand evaluation board, and provide a link to your hand in your private thread.)KK vs 2 barrel call.

Question 2: Evaluate one of the hands submitted by other members. (Choose a hand from the Hand evaluation board and post your own evaluation in the thread. Post a link to the hand you have evaluated in your private thread. You can evaluate as many hands as you want, but try to choose hands not yet evaluated by other users.)[FR - NL10] 99 over pair on turn facing rock 2nd barrel

Question 3: You are on the flop with KQ. The board cards are J, 9, 8, and your opponent holds 77. What is your equity in this spot? 41% equity. 2 Overcards vs small pair. If the ten gets there though we stack every noob
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Hey veriz! Im doing good at NL2. I got bored of 4 tabling and started to play much much more tables at the same time. The results are there though!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hands: 11759
      Winnings: 43.09$
      bb/100: 18.32
      VPIP: 12.2
      PFR: 9.1
      3bet: 3.4
      3bet call: 21.6% (Better? Its still too highright?)

What would you say about my non showdown winnings though? Is it supposed to go up or down? I see alot of people posting their graph with a non showdown winnings going straight down.
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      New update! I beat NL2 playing 24 tables. Look at my post :D
      I finaly beat NL2! Graph and Stats inside!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #4 Done!

This weeks homework was a bit easier. But the idea of that is to help you go through last weeks stuff if you didn't go through everything. Or either way maybe even read some more articles, watch some videos and of course attend in the coaching. What will also help for your game is the evaluation part of other members hands and of course posting your own hands.

If you have interests you could try calculating the equity with a formula which you can use even on tables(either playing online or live poker):
      (Amount of outs x 4) – (Amount of outs – 8) = Your Equity

About Question #3:

Board: J:spade: 9:club: 8:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    41.41%  41.41%   0.00% { KsQd }
      UTG+1  58.59%  58.59%   0.00% { 7h7c }

Hopefully this wasn't too easy homework for you.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      The Graph is really nice and keep going the play. You don't play tracked?

About the stats the 3bet Call seems to be fine, especially if you are playing 24 tables. :P

What would you say about my non showdown winnings though? Is it supposed to go up or down? I see alot of people posting their graph with a non showdown winnings going straight down.

You can't really do much with them. Since I expect them to change soon. Seems like you are on a very good run and afterwards the run most likely it will go a bit down but don't worry about it. Since on those stakes it's not that easy to win money with non-showdown winnings. Since you have to make to fold the opponent but they rarely do that. :D
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Nope, im not tracked. Used to be on Full tilt poker :(

Cant wait to play on full tilt again, I need to rank up here on pokerstrategy for advanced articles
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey Reazon999,

Played last week a lot of hands with you on NL5.Cool to find you in the community and especially in the course. How is it going for you now? Hope to see some graphs in the future. Was kinda wondering if you use Pokerstrategy BM advices even if you are 24 tabling? I mean you made 77$ of profit on NL2 and moved so fast to the next limit. GL at the tables

P.S. Just to let you know that I made a profit against you of 4.78$ in ~1200 hands. But still we have just 3pots over 20BB. So we kinda avoid each other. SEE YOU Stars
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Hey Reazon999,

Played last week a lot of hands with you on NL5.Cool to find you in the community and especially in the course. How is it going for you now? Hope to see some graphs in the future. Was kinda wondering if you use Pokerstrategy BM advices even if you are 24 tabling? I mean you made 77$ of profit on NL2 and moved so fast to the next limit. GL at the tables

P.S. Just to let you know that I made a profit against you of 4.78$ in ~1200 hands. But still we have just 3pots over 20BB. So we kinda avoid each other. SEE YOU Stars
      Hey Sikac, ya of course im using the 25 buy ins brm. I started with 50$ so 77$ more equals 127$, ready for NL5 :) I was at christmas parties all last week, I should be back grinding tomorrow or the day after. I was spewing chips around on NL5 on my laptop for the last few days. I miss my Holdem manager ;) I'm still at 125$ tho :D

Thx
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey Johantan,

What s going on? I dont see you around? Give up? Well would be nice if we could play some sessions. Which limits do you play?