STOKED! 1st tourney win!! :-D

• jazey
      jazey
      Bronze
      Sorry guys but im gonna brag! Got a $50 NDBR for poker 770, after playing well (i thought) it dwindled down to around $16.
      Decided to take a break for 4 days and do some reading/ watching some of the articles on here. Only to come back and bink my first tourney ever!! :-D $91 in the bag!!! Has some cashes before and won a fair share of stts but 1st out of 350 players!! :-D :-D :-D

As i said sorry, theres enough bragging posts but i got no one else to tell at this time of the morning and were better to post it on the site that gave me the bankroll in the first place, and who taught me well! :-D

Thanks for reading
      Jazey
  • 11 replies
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Congrats jazey.Nothing sweeter than your first big tourey win.The adrenaline must be pumping ;)
    • jazey
      jazey
      Bronze
      Ha Ha yea it was, I did get a bit lucky i will admit i came back from about 3:1 chip defect HU!
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      I had to add this jazey bud,sorry :D

Nice comeback from the 3:1 HU as well.

ps I really think i have a trolling issue at the moment.Feel free to give me a one week ban in posting mods.I will understand
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi jazey, congrats on the win! Seems all that study certainly paid off nicely so why not have a little fist-pump! :s_cool:

What you are doing is encouraging others to study as hard as you, so they can achieve as well, so nothing wrong in that! :s_cool:

I'm so glad the material on PokerStrategy helped, so keep it up and we'll see you bragging about 20K wins instead! :D

And don't worry about 1984ioc, he's just stoked! :D
    • jazey
      jazey
      Bronze
      Cheers for the support guys, i've played alot of loosing poker and recently been looking at my game more (watching videos, reading books...ect) Poker strategy has been by far the biggest help to help me find leaks in my game. Any player who doesnt take advantage of what this site offers is a fool!

And as for the video is that a serious show?! Either way it is one of the funniest things i've ever seen!
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jazey
      Cheers for the support guys, i've played alot of loosing poker and recently been looking at my game more (watching videos, reading books...ect) Poker strategy has been by far the biggest help to help me find leaks in my game. Any player who doesnt take advantage of what this site offers is a fool!

And as for the video is that a serious show?! Either way it is one of the funniest things i've ever seen!
      :facepalm:

hehehe,not at all jazey bud.It's just a joke thing and i hope you didn't mind me putting it up here.I saw it last year and when anyone ever says "stoked" it always reminds me of this video.

Hopefully we will have many stoked times in our poker careers ;)

Good luck and keep the study up.
    • jazey
      jazey
      Bronze
      Not at all it was hilarious. Plus after my results the last 3 days nothings gonna annoy me!

I've now made it 3 MTT final tables (one 1st, one 4th, and one 9th) and then on top of that a 4th in a 30 man S&G, oh yea and a 5th place in the poker strategy $100 freeroll so 4 final tables sorry.

I am mighty pissed off with virgin media right now though, as i was sat pretty, 3rd in chips, last 30 players of 483 starters, only to be disconnected for an hour! 4 hours of play to be disconnected :-( Came back to the final table with less than 1 big blind an went out two hands later (thats the 9th place finish) for $22. I had my eyes on the $280 first!!!!!

Wow this thread is confusing my emotions! Sorry if its made no sense but wanted to get all of that of my chest.

I think the point is i am very happy with the way i am playing.

BUT RICHARD BRANSON OWES ME $258!!!!!!!

Think i should stop now, if you get this far thanks for reading!

Jazey

EDIT: Sorry after all my ranting and boasting I nearly forgot, cheers Good luck to you too mate!
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Ha.. its always good to see the emotional highs of a poker player :D
    • ains21
      ains21
      Bronze
      Not at all it was hilarious. Plus after my results the last 3 days nothings gonna annoy me!

I've now made it 3 MTT final tables (one 1st, one 4th, and one 9th) and then on top of that a 4th in a 30 man S&G, oh yea and a 5th place in the poker strategy $100 freeroll so 4 final tables sorry.

I am mighty pissed off with virgin media right now though, as i was sat pretty, 3rd in chips, last 30 players of 483 starters, only to be disconnected for an hour! 4 hours of play to be disconnected :-( Came back to the final table with less than 1 big blind an went out two hands later (thats the 9th place finish) for $22. I had my eyes on the $280 first!!!!!

Wow this thread is confusing my emotions! Sorry if its made no sense but wanted to get all of that of my chest.

Jazey

EDIT: Sorry after all my ranting and boasting I nearly forgot, cheers Good luck to you too mate!
      Don't get me started on Virgin media -- they're a bloody nightmare (esp. round here in Brighton, connection is terrible). Always seems to strike in those critical stages too.

Anyway, congratulations on your first place. I still hope to win a big tourney, the best I've got so far is a couple of 40man SNGs (I've never made the final table on anything bigger).

Good luck in future~!
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze

Jazey

Thanks jazey.I hope your heartbeat has returned to normal (for a while at least) now. ;)

Unfortunately probably all of us have gone through those disconnection issues.I have a few times but nothing too serious thankfully.

Get onto Branson and tell him you want a nice return trip to the Bahamas ok to compensate you not just for the money but the stress caused as well ok ;)

Keep up the good results mate.

ioc
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop
      Bronze
      piiiing! good work man !