NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.84)
      BB ($5.25)
      Hero ($5)
      UTG+1 ($4.03)
      UTG+2 ($1.38)
      CO ($7.18)
      BTN ($1.93)

Dealt to Hero 4:diamond: 4:heart: , Hero calls $0.05, UTG+1 calls $0.05, UTG+2 calls $0.05, fold, fold, SB calls $0.03, BB checks

FLOP ($0.25) 4:spade: 6:heart: 5:diamond:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.24, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, SB calls $0.24, BB folds

TURN ($0.73) 4:spade: 6:heart: 5:diamond: 7:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.52 ?( , SB raises to $1.04, Hero calls $0.52

RIVER ($2.81) 4:spade: 6:heart: 5:diamond: 7:spade: 4:club:

SB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $3.67 (AI), SB folds

Hero shows 4:diamond: 4:heart:

Hero wins $3.63

• 2 replies
    • luizsilveira
      Hi, nipbourne!

I like your preflop and your flop bet. I'm not so sure about the turn bet though.

I mean, what do you expect to call you there? There are not many hands willing to call on that board. I would rather check behind and then get another street of value on the river (either by calling a bet or valuebetting myself. I think if we check behind turn and bet river more hands like 99 or two pair will be willing to call).

On the other hand, I will ask a second opinion since on these limits people call way too much. It might be good to bet there to get called by overpairs and gutshots, two pairs, etc. But the thing is: against most villains I wouldn't be so comfortable to bet turn AND river anyway. We most likely should bet one or the other; either bet turn and check behind river or check behind turn and bet river. Since on the turn there is much a bigger chance of us getting check/raised by all kinds of hands I'd rather bet the river instead.

On the river your all-in is absolutely fine since you hit quads. You can get paid off by all sorts of hands, and your opponent might be bad enough not to get rid of an 8 there (even though 89 beats him, plus all the full houses and quads). One could argue for a smaller raise so an 8 can call more easily but... in general, I think your shove is fine at this point. We can't rule out the fact that he could be going for a cheap bluff as well with a minraise on a scary board then a very small bet.
    • veriz
      Hello nipbourne,

While it will be pretty hard for the opponent to Call with a lot worse hands, neither we don't want to face a huge raise and which we most likely wont be able to Call I'd rather Check it behind on the turn.

But as played the river is pretty standard, we are obviously shipping it.

Best Regards.