This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5 fr AKo

• nipbourne
      nipbourne
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.68)
      BB ($5.26)
      Hero ($5.27)
      UTG+1 ($7.32)
      UTG+2 ($5)
      MP1 ($6.65)
      CO ($1.98)
      BTN ($5.07)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: K:club: , Hero raises to $0.17, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.12

FLOP ($0.36) 5:spade: 8:club: J:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.23, BB calls $0.23

TURN ($0.82) 5:spade: 8:club: J:spade: Q:diamond:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($0.82) 5:spade: 8:club: J:spade: Q:diamond: 6:heart:

BB bets $0.75, Hero folds

BB wins $0.78

v:52/7/1af/27hands
  • 1 reply
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi nipbourne,

I wouldn't cbet this board against such an opponent.

His range is super wide, that is true. Problem is: middling kind-of-drawy boards fit super well a wide range. With that I mean a huge part of his range will have at least a gushot (and a player like this is seldom folding a gutshot).

We don't really have that much equity on the hand at all if he calls, since from your 6 overcard outs we can probably discount the A and K of spades. Which leaves us with 4 outs at best. Not a nice situation.

I'd just check behind and take a free card; against a super passive opponent with a wide range I'd try to drag to showdown and even be prepared to win sometimes with my A high.

It's funny but many of these passive players will be more willing to bluff/bet later streets if you cbet but will be more passive if you don't bet at all. It makes no sense at all, and I never get if they do that as a "revenge" or just because the pot is bigger, which means more money for them to take with the bluff. Go figure.

Anyway, bottom line is: board is quite bad to cbet vs. a wide range and a weak player; against them, try to play more for value indeed and only bluff if the board is very very good and your hand has no value for showdown.