Hero ($5)
      UTG ($5.31)
      UTG+1 ($7.01)
      UTG+2 ($4.93)
      MP1 ($10.06)
      MP2 ($5.87)
      CO ($3.26)
      BTN ($4.18)

Dealt to Hero 9:spade: J:diamond: , fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $0.05, fold, fold, Hero checks

FLOP ($0.12) 9:diamond: 4:club: 3:heart:

Hero bets $0.08, CO calls $0.08

TURN ($0.28) 9:diamond: 4:club: 3:heart: K:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15

RIVER ($0.58) 9:diamond: 4:club: 3:heart: K:diamond: A:spade:

Hero checks, CO checks

v:48/13/31hands,i saw him bluffed earlier.
  • 2 replies
    • luizsilveira
      Hi, nipbourne!

As I see it, no problem at all. Well played.

I would bet bigger on the flop though, even though it's a close spot. He can pay you with a worse 9, quite a few 2nd pairs, draws, and even overcards. I tend to always bet potsize on the flop on limped pots because the pot is so small.

But it's far from big mistake, since we also don't want to bloat the pot being out of position with a medium and vulnerable hand. So betting a bit less is fine too.

On the turn there are merits for both check/calling and betting yourself again -and they depend a lot on the opponent. If you know he is bluffy I think check/calling is absolutely fine - especially since he is giving you an excellent price and despite the fact that we don't really have a nice plan for the river. Also, quite often at these limits the weaker players will bluff only one street, which makes our call better because we will either see the showdown or fold the river more secure we are indeed folding the worse hand (of course, not always, but often).

He has such a wide range I think you played well. On the river there is nothing else for us to do than check and hope for a free showdown.

Hope I have helped, good luck at the tables!
    • veriz
      Hello nipbourne,

Rather don't turn your hand into bluff-catcher in those spots when we just have a freeplay pot. Just 2nd barrel it while he can easily have a lot of worse PPs/pairs and maybe even draws there. We can't really Check/Call both streets without even good information.

Best Regards.