when you decide in tournemant to make the push

• vinohAhAhAhA
      vinohAhAhAhA
      Bronze
      hi,
      when you play a tournament at what point should you make the push
      when you have 10BB left is this acceptable and with which hands?

Edit: by further revieuw 10bb look to much
  • 4 replies
    • JimBeam1982
      JimBeam1982
      Bronze
      MZone = (Table Stacks) / ((BB + SB) + (Ante * Number of players))

When your M is above 20, you have many poker tournament strategy options
      available. Here you can raise, re-raise and still have chips left if you lose a hand.

Your M is between 10 and 20. Loosen up now to stop the blinds eating away at
      your stack. Small pairs and suited connectors are less desirable now as your implied
      odds (chance of winning a big pot from a small investment) are lower.

Your M is between 6 and 10. Here you have lost the ability to "resteal" and your
      stack is dwindling, you must now play aggressively to stay alive in the tournament.

M is 5 or less. Here you have lost all flexibility if you play a hand it should be all-in, try
      to be first into a pot to maximize the chance opponents will fold.

M of less than 1. Here you are on the tournament critical list – any high cards are
      good enough for an all-in move, but expect to be called!
    • vinohAhAhAhA
      vinohAhAhAhA
      Bronze
      Ok very usefull information, cheers!

question: if M is between 6 and 10 playing agressive do you raise and call re raise or do you push all in pre flop (QQ)?
    • JimBeam1982
      JimBeam1982
      Bronze
      i would raise and reraise. But it depends on your opponents, your position and other things (for example if your M is only about 6 and the next blind level starts in about 1-2 minutes, so i will push all inn)
    • vinohAhAhAhA
      vinohAhAhAhA
      Bronze
      i cant give you all the information you need to give a proper answer but i was sitting on the btn UTG+2 and MP1 were in the hand i made a bet got re raised by UTG+2