Bleeding cash!

• sheripops
      sheripops
      Bronze
      So I spent months meticulously turning $100 into just shy of $500 playing $2 and $5 SnG's on Full Tilt even graduating to being able to play 3 tables at a time!

Then, within a week I'm back to $230... I think my attitude changed and whilst I never went on tilt or played dodgy hands I just didn't seem to be thinking about the story behind each hand played so much... I've now gone back to playing 1 table at a time and things seem to be going a bit better.

I've come to the conclusion that I can only win regularly when I play 1 table at a time and concentrate on exactly how each player plays... Making notes.. All that stuff. Is this common for someone who's only been playing a few months (a good 2 hours a day mind?!)

Would getting pokertracker mean I can concentrate less intensly on every players move and therfore multitable better? Are there experienced SnG players out there that only play one table at a time and still make money? Should I just go get an evening job in a bar and be done with it?!

Totally disillusioned and off to Titan to earn some strategy points... Maybe the answer I'm looking for is in that golden article!
  • 8 replies
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      could just be standard variance. you're not necessarily increasing your edge by that much by decreasing your tables to 1.

i started off playing just 1 table as well (with a nice high ROI :P ). but once you have your game locked down, you will not lose much edge by opening up more and more tables. i think 3 is the minimum amount of tables of SNG's played, simultaneously, by the best.
    • hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      I havent really played much hands so far so i cant be the one to judge. But I have noticed that when I multitable (3-4 max) i lose far more. So just like you I'm sticking to the 1 table and trying to get the best out of it.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      I suck at SnG lately. Wheni started and played less tables i was good at them and gain money now lately when i switched playing from limit to no limit(crazy since all SnGs are all limit lol) and took break from SnGs and played them few days ago i sucked big time.(played 8 6players SnGs and was once second otherwise 3,4,5 or even last). So no SnGs for me for awhile :)

And i earn money on NL playing 10 tables(not much but still). Maybe you should try playing sth. else than SnGs. Only if you already know you are the best at SnGs. I know i just suck :(
    • sheripops
      sheripops
      Bronze
      Dum ass question alert! Can you only upload hand data into Pokertracker about players you have actually played against?
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      look around.

there's definitely a manual hand history entry option.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      i can only win 1 or 2 tables simultaneously. so i just play that. =) i also play on my laptop and it bothers me when my tables are too tiny. anyhow, i've only just started this month. i cant imagine playing lotsa tables yet. i even get confused just watching the coachings (4 tables) and that's just watching, not even playing. hahaha... long ways to go.
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      I play 4 table at a time and it gets a bit tricky when you manage to come into final four in all those tables, but generally I think I can handle it. I used to play 4 table NL so the change isn't that dramatic for me.
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      I noticed a drop in my ROI when I started 9 tabling the $2s @ Full Tilt. I think 4-6 is probably my optimal number. Tends not to matter too much at the later stages, just early where you're faced with situational problems and might need any player reads you can get.