Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2,15
      CO:
      $2

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5:heart: , 2:spade: . CO posts a blind of $0,02.
      4 folds, CO checks, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,05) K:club: , J:club: , 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,04, CO calls $0,04.

Turn: ($0,13) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,09, CO raises to $0,20, Hero calls $0,11.

River: ($0,53) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,32, CO folds.

Final Pot: $0,85

Should I have bet the river a bit smaller? Like $0.24? I was going to play bet/fold.
  • 1 reply
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, adsefghijk!

Funky hand.

You bet the flop as a bluff, which I think is absolutely fine. Even if he folds a worse hand, that is fine since our hand is so so vulnerable there.

On the turn things are weird now. But I can see the merits of betting against a one-club type of draw. When he raises it I'd be in doubt to be honest, since you don't know the opponent. Do you think he never ever has a flush? To be honest, it makes no sense to raise with a flush on a paired board and that's why calling might be ok, but without knowing the opponent it's a bit of a guessing game. But fine, the price is good and the opponent is weak.

Why do you bet the river? Which hands do you expect him to call with after the flop and turn actions? It's most likely that he was bluffing, probably with a club. So I'd go ahead and check to let him bluff once again, trying to represent *I* had the one-club type of hand myself.

Indeed, if you want him to call with a K or even a J, you have to bet much smaller. Maybe $0,24 at most, some $0,18 would be ok too.