Skrill (Moneybookers) Prepaid Card and Wallet – Official Thread

• SkrillMBMC
      SkrillMBMC
      Bronze
      Hello PokerStrategy members.

My name is Martin and I’m part of the Moneybookers Prepaid MasterCard team at Skrill (Moneybookers). I’m starting this thread to explain a bit more of how the Skrill Digital Wallet works combined with the Prepaid MasterCard. Please don’t be shy, ask anything you’d like to know and I’ll answer everything I can.

The Moneybookers Prepaid MasterCard is linked directly to the Skrill Digital Wallet. Which means they share the same balance - in real-time. Or in other words, the balance you have with Skrill you can access and spend with the Prepaid MasterCard Card. So basically, you can get instant access to your winnings as cash, thanks to the Skrill Digital Wallet and card.

Skrill (Moneybookers) withdrawals are processed instantly, so funds are available and ready to spend immediately, with the Prepaid MasterCard card.

Please let me know your comments and questions – I’m here to help.
  • 41 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Martin,

Welcome to our community!

Looking forward to hear from you more!

Anything you need help with, don't hesitate to email me: ingrid.nagy@pokerstrategy.com
      Ingrid
    • MihaiSavin
      MihaiSavin
      Bronze
      Hi Martin, if I add an email, can I add a new currency? or is there any posibility to add or change the current currency?
    • SkrillMBMC
      SkrillMBMC
      Bronze
      Hi MihaiSavin,

I guess you are asking for the currency of the Skrill (Moneybookers) account and not the card currency.

Moneybookers accounts are limited to 1 currency per account and accounts are limited to 1 per person. Change of the currency associated with your account is possible but you have to contact our dedicated support team and they will explain you the procedure in details and will do it for you. You can reach them at pokerstrategy@moneybookers.com.

Skrill (Moneybookers) VIPs however are allowed to have several accounts in our system which means they can have different currency associated with each of their accounts.

Please let me know if you need more information or further assistance.

Regards,
      Martin
    • kolacar
      kolacar
      Bronze
      Hi,

Is there any chance to add Serbia in a near future on a list for Moneybookers Prepaid MasterCard?
    • janushr
      janushr
      Bronze
      so,how can a man get VIP MB acc,what are the terms,please??thanks... :f_biggrin:
    • janushr
      janushr
      Bronze
      and how a man cabn get this prepaid masters card,also,thanks?? :D
    • SkrillMBMC
      SkrillMBMC
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kolacar
      Hi,

Is there any chance to add Serbia in a near future on a list for Moneybookers Prepaid MasterCard?
      Hi kolacar,

While we are constantly working on improving the card, I cannot promise anything for Serbia so far.

Regards,
      Martin
    • SkrillMBMC
      SkrillMBMC
      Bronze
      Originally posted by janushr
      so,how can a man get VIP MB acc,what are the terms,please??thanks... :f_biggrin:
      and how a man cabn get this prepaid masters card,also,thanks??
      Hi janushr,

We have few VIP levels and all of them receive a free Moneybookers Prepaid MasterCard. To get a VIP status one needs to send at least €2000 monthly to Skrill (Moneybookers) merchants.

VIPs enjoy many additional benefits as well such as higher limits and loyalty club points. For more details on the program, please refer to the our VIP page

In order to get the card, you need to visit the "My MasterCard" section from the left menu of your Skrill (Moneybookers) account and order it from there. You can find the full card terms on our Moneybookers Prepaid MasterCard page.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
      Martin
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      We have few VIP levels and all of them receive a free Moneybookers Prepaid MasterCard. To get a VIP status one needs to send at least €2000 monthly to Skrill (Moneybookers) merchants.

Does every transaction count towards this 2k€? If not, can you provide a list of these merchants that are a part of this deal?
    • SkrillMBMC
      SkrillMBMC
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Shevtshenko
      Does every transaction count towards this 2k€? If not, can you provide a list of these merchants that are a part of this deal?
      Hi Shevtshenko,

Only transactions to merchants count towards the VIP status. Person-to-person (P2P) payments, uploads or withdrawals do not count towards you VIP status.

All Skrill (Moneybookers) merchants are part of this deal, just use us to deposit to your favourite website and you'll get an invitation email once you've reached the threshold.

Regards,
      Martin
    • pokerski
      pokerski
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SkrillMBMC
      Originally posted by Shevtshenko
      Hi Shevtshenko,

Only transactions to merchants count towards the VIP status. Person-to-person (P2P) payments, uploads or withdrawals do not count towards you VIP status.

All Skrill (Moneybookers) merchants are part of this deal, just use us to deposit to your favourite website and you'll get an invitation email once you've reached the threshold.

Regards,
      Martin
      Poker sites are merchants, right?
      Example, you withdraw from pokerstars 2k$ and then deposit those 2k back to pokerstars and you become a vip.

Am I correct? :D
    • SkrillMBMC
      SkrillMBMC
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pokerski

Poker sites are merchants, right?
      Example, you withdraw from pokerstars 2k$ and then deposit those 2k back to pokerstars and you become a vip.

Am I correct? :D
      Hi pokerski,

Yes, merchants are any kind of poker or sportsbetting sites in this case. A couple of them don’t count towards the current cashback promotion, please review our list of excluded merchants here: http://www.moneybookers.com/ads/vip/cashback/terms/

Regarding your second question: We want to reward you to use our system, not abuse it. If you deposit funds with the only aim of getting cashback and not use them with an operator to play, we reserve the right to void the points you might have gained with these transactions.

To quote our Terms and Conditions:
      “Skrill (Moneybookers) reserves the right to disregard any transactions that Skrill (Moneybookers) in its sole but reasonable discretion deems an abuse of the promotion, including but not limited to, transactions that have no commercial purpose, multiple transactions that are made to artificially increase the amount of cashback or transactions that are not for the personal purpose of the Skrill (Moneybookers) account holder. “

Regards,
      Martin
    • MihaiSavin
      MihaiSavin
      Bronze
      Hi, have a question, I live in the UK, so here the currency is pounds, my mb account is in $ and I want to get a MasterCard prepaid card but it asks me if I want the currency of the card to be different....so should I make it in pounds or dollars? which one is the better option with less fees. so poker room($)-> mb($)->card($)/card(£) ?? - > withdraw (£) ?
    • MihaiSavin
      MihaiSavin
      Bronze
      so, any ideas?
    • SkrillMBMC
      SkrillMBMC
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MihaiSavin
      Hi, have a question, I live in the UK, so here the currency is pounds, my mb account is in $ and I want to get a MasterCard prepaid card but it asks me if I want the currency of the card to be different....so should I make it in pounds or dollars? which one is the better option with less fees. so poker room($)-> mb($)->card($)/card(£) ?? - > withdraw (£) ?
      Hi MihaiSavin,

In your case the best option would be to get a card in USD. That way if you use your card in UK (GBP) and EU (EUR) you would incur FX only once. If you get the GBP card you would still incur an FX even if you use the card in the UK because your Skrill (Moneybookers) account is in USD.

Take the USD one.

Regards,
      Martin
    • DeAluXe
      DeAluXe
      Bronze
      is the card for free or are there any exisiting fees for transactions ?? ty!
    • SkrillMBMC
      SkrillMBMC
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeAluXe
      is the card for free or are there any exisiting fees for transactions ?? ty!
      Hi DeAluXe,

The card costs 10 EUR per year. Worldwide purchases are free and ATM withdrawals are 1.80 EUR, again worldwide.

Regards,
      Martin
    • SkrillMBMC
      SkrillMBMC
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I’m going on holidays till 09 Jan 2012 and I won’t be able to respond in the forum. If you have queries that are not urgent you can still post them in the forum and I’ll make sure to reply once I come back. Meanwhile you can always write to our dedicated PokerStrategy support email at pokerstrategy@moneybookers.com.

I wish you Happy Holidays from the whole team at Skrill!

Martin
    • janushr
      janushr
      Bronze
      U2,HAVE A NICE TIME AND ENJOY HOLLIDAYS:)