IP adress

• RedStarUltras
      RedStarUltras
      Bronze
      hi everyone.i have a question which is not realy poker related.
      when i log on Poker Strategy in right corner of home page there is flag of Serbia.
      Reason of that may be,because i bough my lap top from Serbian provider.Also when i want to sign up for some poker room for example,in registration section he automaticly choose country Serbia.
      By the way i am from Montenegro.
      My question is can i change this somehow.
      I mean i want my IP adress to be Montenegro.
  • 6 replies
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      The problem probably aren't in your laptop. It lies in your internet provider. You should ask them about this matter.
    • musashi87
      musashi87
      Bronze
      Exactly so.
      Your ISP didn't update country identification information or it's main office is located in Serbia.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      thanks for the assist guys.

there you go RedStarUltras :) everything clear now?
      does it matter where your IP says? have you been getting problems due to this?
    • RedStarUltras
      RedStarUltras
      Bronze
      thanks for the reply guys.
      Toomorow i will go to my provider about this.
      And yes.i had a problem because of this.One poker room blocked my account.When i asked support why did they blocked my account,they said that,i have registered as player from Montenegro,but i actualy live in Serbia because my computers IP sais so.I told them what is the problem but they didn t beleive me.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      It's not a second-hand laptop right? If it is you might want to check out program like Tor. It is used to bounce your IP around the world to cover your own IP. Who knows, it might be set up in your laptop. Although I really doubt that this is the problem in your case.
    • RedStarUltras
      RedStarUltras
      Bronze
      no,no it s not second hand lap top.i just bought it from internet provider which is Serbian company