Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $4,96
      Hero:
      $1,97

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: , K:diamond:
      4 folds, MP2 raises to $0,06, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0,06, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0,15) T:heart: , 9:club: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0,07, Hero calls $0,07.

Turn: ($0,29) K:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0,29, Hero raises to $0,87, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $1,45

I'm kind of confused with this hand. I flat preflop to keep AT+ in the pot. Then i don't hit anything (as usual) and decide to float the flop - is that good? Also it it good to raise the turn? I pretty much give away that i hit the king.
  • 7 replies
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      You should've make a 3bet preflop. AK might look strong preflop, but it isn't postflop if you don't hit. Also by 3betting your opponent you're getting a lot of information that can be used postflop. For instance, if your 3bet got raised then most likely you're facing KK+, got called you're facing QQ-JJ, fold ... you win.
    • adsefghijk
      adsefghijk
      Bronze
      isn't it profitable to flat AK to let weaker aces stay in the pot. If there is an ace on the flop I'm likely to stack him off.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      isn't it profitable to flat AK to let weaker aces stay in the pot. If there is an ace on the flop I'm very likely to stack him off.
      Well I wouldn't call you unless I got a two-pair or higher. Just remember this one pair(ace) is only a medium strong hand. So you rarely play it for stack unless it's a 3bet pot.
    • adsefghijk
      adsefghijk
      Bronze
      Don't you think I'd stack off AJ, AQ, maybe even AT?
    • Echoes88
      Echoes88
      Bronze
      i wouldnt float with ak on board like this.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello adsefghijk,

Preflop: Depends really what kind of opponents you have behind you. If rather looser ones then we really don't want to play AKo in multiway pot and therefore I'd be rather inclined to 3bet.

As played
      Postflop: Don't like to float such a flop at all. While it's not the greatest flop for us and a lot of his range is going to continue I'd rather just fold the hand. Otherwise I don't like the raise on turn either, you are just isolating against very strong hands and all weaker ones just fold.

Best Regards.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by adsefghijk
      Don't you think I'd stack off AJ, AQ, maybe even AT?
      You're talking about shoving directly on the flop right? If so, then I'm gonna put your hands like two-pair or higher, or maybe a top pair + a draw. Of course I could still call your shove with a pair. But without a good read, I'd rather play it safe, and just fold to your shove.